1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IGN's post edit history

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Ingenious, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

I saw a retweet from Kier that mentioned IGN's forum, this is now running XenForo.

Having a browse on that site and I noticed a neat "Post last edited by..." tag on the bottom of some posts, which would be amazing to have too.

I assume this is a custom plugin they're using? I can't see any plugin in resources (having searched titles only for "edit").

See for example their post about it:

2. ragtek

ragtek Guest

DeltaHF likes this.
  3. Ingenious

I notice they have the sidebar on the forum's thread listings pages too, that works well.

Edit - thanks Ragtek - will keep an eye on that for when it goes "gold"
  4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

A little off-topic. Those dropdown menus look nice. The removal of the radius in those areas gives off such a clean look and feel to it.
  5. Ingenious

I think it's an excellent site all around. Very clean and easy on the eye but still packs in a lot of info.

I also like the way they've done adverts in the first post (something I normally detest) as square shaped but off to the side. Doesn't alter the flow of the thread directly, but is there on the right.

Edit - In fact it's a nod to how much I like their site I'm looking into copying two of their design features - sidebar on the list of threads in a forum, and potentially an advert in the first post in the way they've done it.
  6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Nice pickup !

I think this is especially easy to do because of today's widescreen monitors !
    It would be bad to do on an iphone (mobile style).

I added it to my "Styles thread".
  7. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

At MD, you can't even see the images uploaded to see what it looks like.
  8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Ingenious and Sheldon like this.
  9. Sheldon

10. ragtek

ragtek Guest

i've posted this already in the 2. post:p
  11. Sheldon

Yes, I know. But when you click on the image to see the full size shot of what it looks like, you cannot download it to view it. That was what i was saying. Here you can see it.
    1 person likes this.