1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Ignore Member

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by DirtRider, Feb 13, 2014.

1. DirtRider

DirtRider Guest

When you ignore a member that member is still able to start a personal conversation with you however you will not see said conversation sent to you. I would have thought it would return some type of error to that member when they try and send the personal conversation.

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Yes, this is as designed.

3. DirtRider

DirtRider Guest

Ok thanks

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Then they would know you are ignoring them.

The system has been designed so that those being ignored are oblivious to the fact.

Amaury likes this.
  5. DirtRider

DirtRider Guest

Yes I thought about that but I have seen other forum software that would return a message to that member something like "Sorry X does not receive private messages from members " or something to that effect. By getting nothing at all the member sending the message will become aware that they being ignored by the simple fact that no reply was returned. I am just not sure what is worse knowing that you cannot send a message to that member or waiting around for days for a response and you get nothing :D