Ignore Feature

viaBowl

I have a question: Let's say you have your privacy settings set where ANYONE can view your profile, and you have someone ignored. Can that ignored person view your profile?

My idea is to have any guest (not just people you follow, or follow you) view your profile except the creeps you have on iggy.

Can someone elaborate in this for me?

I'll repeat what I said in the other thread (I didn't notice this one yet), but I am fairly sure that it isn't how it works. The settings are:
  1. All visitors: Everyone can see your profile
  2. Members only: No guests can see it
  3. Those that you follow: Those that you follow
I do not believe that the Ignore system limits those who visit your profile. Since those members don't know that you've ignored them.

very valid question.
People you have on "ignore", should not see your Profile.

Privacy is King.

Agreed... and it has my curiosity up. Do me a favor. I'm going to put your profile on ignore for about 5 minutes. Can you check and see if you can see my profile (granted, since this is 1.2 it may work different than 1.1.5).

Looks like you were able to view it as I saw that your last activity was viewing my profile.
If you were, looks like it would be a good "Tweak & Small Feature" suggestion. :)

I have a question: Let's say you have your privacy settings set where ANYONE can view your profile, and you have someone ignored. Can that ignored person view your profile?

My idea is to have any guest (not just people you follow, or follow you) view your profile except the creeps you have on iggy.

Can someone elaborate in this for me?

I don't think it would matter really, if anyone can see your stuff, someone who has caught the iggy will just have to log out to see it...though I suppose being ignored means they also could not hit up your status and post with that ignored user name.

i can see it, i could even start a convo if i wanted to.

hmmm....that's odd.

Perhaps a major feature suggestion is in order then. "UNLOCK MY PROFILE for X" feature.

What are you talking about? If your profile is private, you can give them access by following them.

OK, that sounded harsh. Not meant to be. But I believe what you are suggesting can be accomplished by following the person.

Top Bottom