XF 2.2 Ignore User Function - Complete Ignore

Mikey1983

Hi All,

With the ignore function built into Xenforo, is there a way for it to be a total ignore? At the moment, it seems like the post is ignored, but you can still see that the ignored user has posted, been quoted and also their reactions to posts.

This has been a request from a couple of our users who would rather not know if the user they have ignored had done anything on the forum. It may not be possible even within the core or with an add-on, but I said I would ask the question.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi All,

With the ignore function built into Xenforo, is there a way for it to be a total ignore? At the moment, it seems like the post is ignored, but you can still see that the ignored user has posted, been quoted and also their reactions to posts.

This has been a request from a couple of our users who would rather not know if the user they have ignored had done anything on the forum. It may not be possible even within the core or with an add-on, but I said I would ask the question.

Thanks in advance :)
yap i am ask it to, its realy anoying.

I'm using the ignore addon from @AddonFlare, the two way ignore has proved itself to be a godsend. However it's been deleted! If this addon doesn't work with 2.3 I'll be well and truly snookered. IMO xF needs a decent double ignore feature now.

I've asked for this functionality numerous times but the developers aren't interested in it. This is 2024. People are now about 100x more sensitive than they were 20 years ago. Some forum members want to make certain other users just disappear and that means all trace of them.

This is probably the most needed functionality for true community cohesion.

But still, some people might argue the opposite.

Some might, but the lack of this functionality is creating huge problems in my community. I don't think I'm alone. This is 2024, the level of sensitivity is at all all time high. People don't want to see any content from some users and don't want their content to be seen by them. Other social media allows you to block people, why not Xenforo?

don't want their content to be seen by them. Other social media allows you to block people, why not Xenforo?
I don’t think the point of this thread is about blocking people from seeing your content, the thread is about the ignore function being a total ignore, ie not showing quotes, reactions, or alerts about ignored users. As such I agree it could be very useful and would welcome that.

Last edited:
Some may not use such a feature, but it's really just a better, more comprehensive version of an existing feature that hasn't been updated in 25 years. The existing "ignore" feature is hopeless. Almost everything has been improved at some stage except for this sad old relic from the 20th century.

People should be able to block whoever they want and whatever they want. users, threads, forums, let people make them all go away if they want. It is so desperately needed but so completely ignored.

Top Bottom