1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ign forum?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by billybatz9, Mar 24, 2013.

1. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

What does Ign.com use? I see that they are using xenforo? But it seems as if there forum is in one of their website pages and does not look like an xenforo theme at all. Their login, reigster platform is different as well.

Can anyone say what they use?

thanks

2. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

xenforo heavily modified

3. Probably just highly modified. They can afford to play developers to make them anything they want.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

It's a stripped and integrated version of XF.

6. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

Very heavily modified version of XF integrated into a custom CMS.

7. Alex - A2Hosting

Alex - A2Hosting Active Member

IGN would have special needs with their communities so instead of spending resources building a new application why not just build off of what already works? XenForo is lightweight, powerful & flexible so sounds like the perfect match.

8. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

IGN's mainpage is a heavily modified version of Wordpress. The forums is a heavily modified version of xenForo.

9. Mike Tougeron

Mike Tougeron Well-Known Member

We did a bunch of little modifications to the templates & EXTRAS.css but not really that much in the grand scheme of things. We did have to make a few tweaks to the core XenForo but most of our needs were later added to the core project.

ha! I wish! (y)

feldon30, Renada, LPH and 3 others like this.
  10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

It's been over a year now. How do you feel about your move to Xenforo? Has it been a good decision and has the community accepted it?

11. Mike Tougeron

Mike Tougeron Well-Known Member

I love XenForo and I'm super happy they're doing releases again. :)

Rudy, feldon30, tyteen4a03 and 8 others like this.
  12. Apposl

Apposl New Member

Sir, have you thought about releasing a template of that? Maybe make some sales, fuel future revisions and tweaks on your own forum. It's beautiful and so easy.