If you die tomorrow, what will become of your websites?

Not so much my websites but my servers and accounts at domain registrars are to be of full custody of a knowledgeable friend who's intentions are my own upon my expiration effectively trading places with a slight of hand.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
dust we start...dust we become

That's what co-webmasters are for :). Granted, my co-webmaster doesn't have complete admin access, but enough to properly manage the site for a few months until everything can be transferred over to him by my family. So, as long as people still want the information I offer, I see my site continuing.

Here is something I came across just today. I haven't tried it out (I'd have to pretend to die for that), but it seems to be an interesting solution.

After we die, our social networking profiles, bank accounts and email passwords are lost to anyone who might need them. If you want to ensure your digital identity is destroyed or passed on appropriately, PassMyWill will send out emails with your passwords.​
PassMyWill is a free service that will check in with Facebook and Twitter to see if you're alive and posting updates, if you don't appear to be active, it will send you an email to confirm your death, then it sends out emails to everyone on your list if you don't respond. You can include whatever passwords you like, whether it's email, Facebook or anything else. It's not just willfully giving out passwords though, recipients will need a key to unlock them, which you'll have to give to them before you pass on.​

Here is something I came across just today. I haven't tried it out (I'd have to pretend to die for that), but it seems to be an interesting solution.

After we die, our social networking profiles, bank accounts and email passwords are lost to anyone who might need them. If you want to ensure your digital identity is destroyed or passed on appropriately, PassMyWill will send out emails with your passwords.​
PassMyWill is a free service that will check in with Facebook and Twitter to see if you're alive and posting updates, if you don't appear to be active, it will send you an email to confirm your death, then it sends out emails to everyone on your list if you don't respond. You can include whatever passwords you like, whether it's email, Facebook or anything else. It's not just willfully giving out passwords though, recipients will need a key to unlock them, which you'll have to give to them before you pass on.​

LOL! And who do they think is going to reply to that email if you're dead?? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahah :LOL:

:D I think it would be a lack of a reply that would trigger it to send out the emails to those you had designated. ;)

:D I think it would be a lack of a reply that would trigger it to send out the emails to those you had designated. ;)
But....

If you set it to send out the emails after say... 4 days... of no reply, that could go so wrong.

#1 - If you are dead, you're likely already in the ground, so who cares?
#2 - if you're not dead, but simply on vacation and not checking in, ERRR false alarm. Which would really suck. .

Lol! So why would you set it to 4 days at all. That would hardly cover a long weekend. :D

#1: The rest of the people on the site care hopefully, provided he was not a dictator adminstrator. :D
#2: Then you definitely shouldn't set it for 4 days. :D

Lol! So why would you set it to 4 days at all. That would hardly cover a long weekend. :D

#1: The rest of the people on the site care hopefully, provided he was not a dictator adminstrator. :D
#2: Then you definitely shouldn't set it for 4 days. :D

Well how many days would you recommend setting it for?? If you set it too short, chances are you're very much alive when those emails start going out! :eek:

Oh dear. How could I recommend something. :D I haven't died ever, honestly. :D

Well, if it were me, I'd think atleast a week, preferably 2. Though, I don't mean to say this is the best solution for such a situation. I just thought I'd share it here. :)

Oh dear. How could I recommend something. :D I haven't died ever, honestly. :D

Well, if it were me, I'd think atleast a week, preferably 2. Though, I don't mean to say this is the best solution for such a situation. I just thought I'd share it here. :)
But, it wouldn't matter if anyone was notified by then, as you'd be long gone to wherever you went.

I'm just teasing y'know. :p

Top Bottom