1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If I Ignore my mother....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mauzao9, Sep 10, 2011.

1. mauzao9

mauzao9 Well-Known Member

Hi.

I saw that Ignore is here in 1.1. :)
    But I have one question....

If I Ignore my mother, she can contact me in private or leave a message in my profile?

Since I heard it's only about Hide the user content soo but conversations and profille posts aren't user content?
    PS: My mother isn't registed here.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

They can start a conversation but you won't receive it.

They can post on your profile but the content won't be visible until you click the Show ignored content link at the bottom right.

Veer likes this.
  3. mauzao9

Oh but it shows an sucess message when they send? And others can see it's message in my profile?
    Ahhhhh this ignore system is strange :B

4. Brogan

Only you are ignoring that member, so yes others can see it.
    Why would they not be able to? They're not ignoring that member.

5. mauzao9

Let's see... The other member may be insulting me at my profile, I can't see that and others can. Madness?

6. Brogan

You're the one ignoring that member, not everyone else.

7. mauzao9

Yes, but makes sense I wont see it's posts and other content, but about profilles the ignored member should not get access to them... What I think it's when I ignore a member I don't want him to be posting on my profile at all, not just don't see what he posts.

Dang my English is bad, I need Google Translate =/

8. Brogan

Ignored users are unaware they are being ignored, this is by design.

If profiles of members who ignore them are blocked then they will know they are being ignored.

You could fudge it and use the "only followed members can view this profile" error message, but that would be easy to prove/disprove by logging out and viewing it as a guest (assuming guest viewing is permitted).

9. mauzao9

This is a great conspiracy against the ignored member!
    Hmmmm I can activate the troll system if the ignored user try to post in the profile. :ROFLMAO:

10. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

The real question here is how do I ignore your mother? The woman won't leave me alone...

11. mauzao9

12. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

What you really want is "BLOCK" feature not "IGNORE" feature. Am I right? :)

M@rc likes this.
  13. DaveL

DaveL Well-Known Member

You wont get any pocket money.

14. mauzao9

I just hate it, HATE, and I can only ignore it? There should be an Option "BURN USER ALIVE".
    :mad:

15. Caelum

Caelum Well-Known Member

Now you listen to me, boy, you are going to clean your room right now and I do not want to see you on this "internet" again until you've done so.

Love,
    Mum

;)

EQnoble likes this.
  16. mauzao9

:LOL: Mums can make OWNED too.

17. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Oh you mean like this:

flame_thrower.jpg

Yes, that would be handy for some trolls. (y)

18. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I am not going to lie, I would not be scared but if anyone's mom (mum for all you fine chaps:)) was barreling down on me and that particular woman's car looked like that I would definitely assume that my timeline would soon and suddenly get t-boned and with equal swiftness relieve me of life's proverbial pink slip which I currently have on lease.

19. mauzao9

No I don't wanna burn my mum, I wanna burn my Ex-GirlFriend actual BoyFriend.

20. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I have to hope these are members on your forum.