If 5-10 of the XenForo regulars made a forum together, what do you think would happen?

Alternadiv

Just for fun because it’s Friday.

1. Who are the regulars that might be part of this? Tag them if you want.
  2. With a group of 5-10, what do you think the niche of this forum/website could realistically be?
  3. Do you think this forum would have one of the most unique styles and add-on functionality since the group would probably have some designers/developers?
  4. Do you think this forum would easily become successful due to the experience of the group?
  5. Any other thoughts?

I believe the niche would be related to addon development. No doubt it would be very successful and profitable if they can work together.
Yeah, I was thinking it would pretty much need to be web design and development related. It would probably even be a good place to sell custom work at that point.

I think it would go splendidly until it came time to make a decision about something, then everyone has a different opinion about how best to approach the problem needing said decision, and either the project will stagnate or tempers will flare and there will be fewer "XenForo regulars" building the forum than started :D.

That, or there needs to be a decisive "head" of the group to make sure disagreements have a point of resolution. Also there'll inevitably be one or two of the group who end up with nothing to contribute because the rest of the group covers the development.

Then again, maybe I'm just too much of a pessimist and it all goes swimmingly and becomes a massive success :)

I think it would go splendidly until it came time to make a decision about something, then everyone has a different opinion about how best to approach the problem needing said decision, and either the project will stagnate or tempers will flare and there will be fewer "XenForo regulars" building the forum than started :D.

That, or there needs to be a decisive "head" of the group to make sure disagreements have a point of resolution. Also there'll inevitably be one or two of the group who end up with nothing to contribute because the rest of the group covers the development.

Then again, maybe I'm just too much of a pessimist and it all goes swimmingly and becomes a massive success :)
Nah, I think you’re exactly right. This was my guess when I was making this thread. They’d all be chiefs and that usually doesn’t work.

It would be like gathering 5 - 10 world-class chefs to settle on a meal to prepare for dinner, and then preparing it. Ego's will not allow that to happen, and if it miraculously does, it will take a very very long time due to all the brawls that would break out.

Or not, :)

Top Bottom