Duplicate IE11 problems with bbcode and smilies

ibrian

Affected version
Just a heads up that some of my forum members are complaining about problems with using IE11 since we upgraded to XF 2.1.2, specifically relating to the use of bbcode:

We will attempt to make some changes here. I think this bug report is essentially the same. But you ideally need to start warning your members that we probably won't be supporting IE11 for much longer. We'll probably be dropping support for it in XF 2.2 and even now it's really a best effort attempt more than a guarantee we can work around its many quirks.

I see there is a distaste of Google products in that thread, fair enough. But the next iteration of Microsoft Edge which is currently in beta, is based on the Chromium project (essentially Chrome but without all of the Googly bits). Alternatively, there are many open source browsers with a focus on privacy.

Put simply: IE11 is just simply not a viable browser so it really is time to move on.

But you ideally need to start warning your members that we probably won't be supporting IE11 for much longer.

That's a surprise, as I was under the impression that IE11 is still widely used. My analytics says 16% of users run IE11.

Top Bottom