1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug IE10 Gradients

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by xenTheory, Jan 18, 2014.

1. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

Here's an example of a simple CSS gradient:

background:-webkit-gradient( linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0.05, #ededed), color-stop(1, #dfdfdf) );
        background:-moz-linear-gradient( center top, #ededed 5%, #dfdfdf 100% );
        filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#ededed', endColorstr='#dfdfdf');
    As far as I'm aware XenForo creates browser specific CSS, for example one can use:

border-radius: 5px;
    And XenForo will convert it to (as far as I'm aware):

border-radius: 5px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 5px;
    -moz-border-radius: 5px;
    -o-border-radius: 5px;
    The problem is that IE9 handles filter: without an issue, IE10 requires -ms-, especially for gradients. I have no issue using this for non XF content but it just simply doesn't appear to work on XenForo.

I tested this by creating a simple HTML page and using the same CSS as I've used within XenForo - HTML page works fine but XF doesn't.

Is this an issue or am I missing something somewhere? I've tried the CSS in EXTRA.css as well as in the extra area within the style configuration section.
  2. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

Scrap the above, it appears that I'm a tool and haven't read about the latest standards IE follows, it actually complies with W3C.
  3. Yes, IE used to be a lot worse with regards to standards. I still dislike using it.