Identity service

hescominsoon

Other than facebook which is clear. What can you do with the identity services? I can register on XF with my facebook..what is the use of hte other services?

That's not for registering.

The identity services are "just like" profile fields.

The identifies are shown on the profile page.

I was looking at this the other week and I think it should be improved.
Even if you fill in all the fields, people looking at your profile won't be able to go to those extra link unless they know the structure of that site
For example, if you fill in the Twitter field as "myhandle", on your profile, it will show "myhandle" in the twitter. It's not hyperlink so people will have to go to Twitter.com and search for it.
Same for other site id.

Anyway to make those identities linkable? In the identity service ACP setup, there could be a field there where the base URL is entered. The username can be appended to the URL to make it a linked identity. For example, for LinkedIn, it is just http://www.linkedin.com/in/.

Thanks.
In the member_view template, the following code is available:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$identities}">
    <xen:foreach loop="$identities" value="$identity">
        <dl><dt>{$identity.title}:</dt> <dd>{xen:string censor, $identity.value}</dd></dl>
    </xen:foreach>
</xen:if>

You could manipulate that code to include a hyperlink based on the $identity.value. The problem you'll have is that you'll need to deal with each identity individually instead of just using the foreach loop.

In the member_view template, the following code is available:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$identities}">
    <xen:foreach loop="$identities" value="$identity">
        <dl><dt>{$identity.title}:</dt> <dd>{xen:string censor, $identity.value}</dd></dl>
    </xen:foreach>
</xen:if>

You could manipulate that code to include a hyperlink based on the $identity.value. The problem you'll have is that you'll need to deal with each identity individually instead of just using the foreach loop.

This is really a painful way to include a feature that is very useful and should be included in the ACP. I'll wait for the next release with it. :)

Top Bottom