1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas on how to make resource ratings more obvious?

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Suggestions' started by flowerpot132, Nov 12, 2015.

1. flowerpot132

flowerpot132 Formerly mugtree

We have lots of users downloading resources, but only a few ratings? I did see an addon that makes the stars light up but thought that was a little distracting.

How about an alert a couple of days later to those users that have downloaded the resource asking them to go back and rate it?

Brett Chitty and Mouth like this.
  2. Brett Chitty

Brett Chitty Member

When I look up a book on Amazon, I always see the average rating and how many ratings there are before scrolling down to read the individual reviews - skipping most of what's in between.

snoopy5 likes this.
  3. snoopy5

snoopy5 Well-Known Member

Amazon is an excellent example. They show not only average rating (like RM) and how many rated, but also a differentiation how many of those have rated 5 stars, 4 stars, 3 stars etc.

I do think everybody is used to Amazon's way of presenting it. So why reinvent the wheel? Just copy it and everybody is happy. Of course please let the user search/filter for the 4 stars or 1 stars ratings. I do this all the time at amazon, to get a better indication on whether the negative rating on a product is realistic...

Brett Chitty likes this.