Idea's for Getting Fans for your Website's FB page

Ranger375

I recently started a facebook fan page to help drive more traffic to my site. I have had a heck of a time getting fans though :D For those of you who have been successful in this regard, what has worked for you?

I'm thinking about trying this. Your fan page is in addition to your personal facebook account? Or can you skip the personal page and just create a fan page?

I'm thinking about trying this. Your fan page is in addition to your personal facebook account? Or can you skip the personal page and just create a fan page?

Yeah it's in addition to your personal account. So anyone on facebook has no way of knowing it's yours (your posts appear as the fan page's posts if you have the fan page settings correct.

Yeah it's in addition to your personal account. So anyone on facebook has no way of knowing it's yours (your posts appear as the fan page's posts if you have the fan page settings correct.
Cool, I think I'll give it a try. Thanks.

If you have friends on facebook aka facebook contacts, invite them to your fb page.
If you don't have any facebook contacts, just add random people and then invite them to your fb page.

If you have friends on facebook aka facebook contacts, invite them to your fb page.
If you don't have any facebook contacts, just add random people and then invite them to your fb page.

That could backfire, though. Random people are not loyal people. Quality over quantity.

Add links to your Facebook and Twitter accounts in the e-mail people receive after they've registered (not sure anyone reads that but it couldn't hurt) and/or welcome pm's.

If your forum offers some form of good or service, run an event or contest with a reasonable goal set based on how many fans you get.

I recently started a facebook fan page to help drive more traffic to my site. I have had a heck of a time getting fans though :D For those of you who have been successful in this regard, what has worked for you?

I think if you just use Facebook for sending forum feeds into it (not saying that's what you do). They will have a hard time getting fans in FB, as others can spot right away it's just a FB spamming account set-up for forum promotional reasons. Much more obvious doing it in FB than Twitter I'd say.

Top Bottom