1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idea's for Getting Fans for your Website's FB page

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ranger375, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Ranger375

Ranger375 Well-Known Member

I recently started a facebook fan page to help drive more traffic to my site. I have had a heck of a time getting fans though :D For those of you who have been successful in this regard, what has worked for you?
  2. cmeinck

cmeinck Well-Known Member

I'd suggest adding a "like box" to your homepage. I don't have it on my forums though. Where possible, add your social links. I use the Schmitz add-on with my XenForo forums.
    Ranger375 likes this.
  3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about trying this. Your fan page is in addition to your personal facebook account? Or can you skip the personal page and just create a fan page?
  4. Ranger375

Yeah it's in addition to your personal account. So anyone on facebook has no way of knowing it's yours (your posts appear as the fan page's posts if you have the fan page settings correct.
  5. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

For a bottle of Laphroaig, I'll be your bestest friend forever!
  6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Cool, I think I'll give it a try. Thanks.
  7. Ranger375

Where's the shipping address :D
    Blue likes this.
  8. SchmitzIT

Nice to see people are using it. If you want any sites to be added, please do not hesitate to suggest. There's more than plenty of room.
    cmeinck likes this.
  9. Ray

Ray Active Member

If you have friends on facebook aka facebook contacts, invite them to your fb page.
    If you don't have any facebook contacts, just add random people and then invite them to your fb page.
  10. SchmitzIT

That could backfire, though. Random people are not loyal people. Quality over quantity.
  11. kilcher

kilcher Active Member

Add links to your Facebook and Twitter accounts in the e-mail people receive after they've registered (not sure anyone reads that but it couldn't hurt) and/or welcome pm's.
    Ranger375 likes this.
  12. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

If your forum offers some form of good or service, run an event or contest with a reasonable goal set based on how many fans you get.
  13. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

I think if you just use Facebook for sending forum feeds into it (not saying that's what you do). They will have a hard time getting fans in FB, as others can spot right away it's just a FB spamming account set-up for forum promotional reasons. Much more obvious doing it in FB than Twitter I'd say.
    Ranger375 likes this.