• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Idea] Force Introductions

altgg

Wouldn't it be great to force newly registered users to post an introduction before they can post elsewhere?
This would help with...
- Forum Engagement
- Spam Bots
- Troll Detection

Is such a feature available somewhere?

N

Nelson T.

I saw this, but on my VB forum, we have the intro as a custom field in the registration, and it gets posted automatically in the introductions forum.

Makes it much easier for users- just add the registration when you register.
It would be great is someone could write this.

N

Nelson T.

We are using it on the VB version of our site now (VB 4.2.2) and it rocks! What's great about it is that if people write garbage instead of a real introduction, you just don't approve their registration.

Would be great if someone would write this for Xenforo!

FredC

We are using it on the VB version of our site now (VB 4.2.2) and it rocks! What's great about it is that if people write garbage instead of a real introduction, you just don't approve their registration.

Would be great if someone would write this for Xenforo!
I actually tried to commission this years ago when I first purchased an XF license. I couldn't find any takers at the time. I attribute a big chunk of my forums success to that plugin back in the early days and would loooove to see it return on XF.

N

Nelson T.

Batpool52! offered to write it for me for $100, would you be willing to split it $50 each?