Duplicate Icons for Prefixes + Thumbnail on hover preview

(y) Two things i really think would rock this software would be:

1: Icons for prefixes

I don't really know if this is possible but i have not seen any xf forums that use it. Would be cool if one could chose to put a small icon inside prefixes, and it should of course be different icon for each prefix.

2. Thumbnail on hover preview

Why not show a small thumbnail of the first attachment, or the first embedded image, when users hover the topics in the topics list. Right now you just get the image tag if there are images present.

This forum looks so awesome, I just think that these two things could make the difference for me.

So like my post if you too think that these things are needed in the 1.1 final.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thread prefixes can be styled however you want, including using images.

Is this easy to do? you say styled and I'm thinking CSS ? Is it easy to select an icon when you create a prefix ?

Attachment thumbnails are purposely stripped on hover preview and I don't see that changing.

Why is this ? Would it not look better if the user could see a small image and by that get a feeling of whats inside the topic ? Personally i think it would look so much better and also be a more user friendly preview.

If the image is added to the background will the text not be written on top of the image ? I am talking about the option to insert a little icon before the text in the prefix.

I find a text snippet gives a better idea of what the thread is about than a small thumbnail would.
Very few threads have images in the first post anyway.

Just because you don't think this is a good idea, others might think its the best ******** idea in the whole world. It depends on the purpose of the forum. Some forums have pictures inside each and every single topic. It could just be a feature that can be turned on/off per node.

If the image is added to the background will the text not be written on top of the image ? I am talking about the option to insert a little icon before the text in the prefix.

Just because you don't think this is a good idea, others might think its the best ******** idea in the whole world. It depends on the purpose of the forum. Some forums have pictures inside each and every single topic. It could just be a feature that can be turned on/off per node.

This is easy to do with CSS. With XenForo you can specify your own prefix class. You can have it add a background-image as already suggested and pad the text to the right a bit so it looks like it's associated with the text. Or if you don't want any text at all, you can set the prefix to overflow:hidden, and a text-indent of about 9999 pixels. Whatever works for you.

John, you said to use overflow:hidden or text-indent, but the first changes nothing and the second messes the alignment.
To hide the title, you can set the color as transparent but since the title is not ignored, you have extra spaces when you use a small image and a longer title.

Any tips to solve the problem ?

Top Bottom