Add-on Icon Indicating "Official" Response?

taylor_smith

I'm not sure what language to use when searching for this add-on. Is anyone aware of an add-on that will add an icon/annotation when a certain user or usergroup has responded to a thread? Possible context: when a support thread receives an "official" reply from tech support staff.

Thanks for the insight.

I'm not aware of any existing add-ons that can do exactly this.

Could you use thread prefixes though? It would require some extra steps for the staff member to take, of course, but it's generally not too dissimilar to how we handle bug reports and suggestions.

I haven't really tested this out... but it appears to be working.

thread_list_item:
Right below:
Code:
        <div class="iconKey">
         <xen:contentcheck>
           <xen:hook name="thread_list_item_icon_key" params="{xen:array 'thread={$thread}'}">
Add something like the following(I'm using font awesome)
Code:
<xen:if is="{$thread.is_staff}"><span class="hasStaff" title="Staff Post"><i class="fa fa-gavel fa-fw"></i></span></xen:if>

Screenshot_14.webp

Of course you could place your own image there.

Unfortunately, in this case it's not staff--it's game developers who use a privately-owned forum. The implementation would be, if a developer has officially responded to a thread, then users would want to know.

I suppose staff could edit the thread prefix manually; just wondering if there was an existing add-on that would automate. Sounds like not, but I'm grateful for the help!

Top Bottom