Icewind Staff [Deleted]

Hi, i installed this after using XenPorta 2 by @Jaxel and my staff navigation tab is now gone?

Any help is appreciated as to why this would occur?

Hi, i installed this after using XenPorta 2 by @Jaxel and my staff navigation tab is now gone?

Any help is appreciated as to why this would occur?

For the tab you created, just to verify, parent is set to none?

Did you install this add-on after XenPorta, or before XenPorta?

The code that places all the tabs on the nav bar is done via a listener (no template modifications), the same way the resource manager does so I can't see why your staff tab would no longer display on the nav bar. Have you tried placing it within the members tab (set parent to members tab), save it, and then reset the parent back to none, and save it? This will force a rebuild of it's cache.

I don't use XenPorta, so if the above does not work you will need to ask the author of the XenPorta add-on.

The only setting that changes this for me is the parent. If its set to None or Members Tab it produces an error. If set to Notable Members Page it works fine.
I found out it also generates a server error:

I got the same with "Remove Members Tab" Plugin.
After i deactivated this Addon, it seems that the Routes are working great again without Errors.
I just added a simple CSS Code in extra.css to hide the Member Button:
Code:
.navTab.members {
    display: none !important;
}

This add-on has been around a long time and I never came across this error, nor has any of the over 300 users reported anything like it. I tried every setting available multiple times and can not reproduce it.

Just un-install it, and if you gave me a donation for this add-on, let me know who you are and I'll refund you.

What a lazy support. isnt it? ;)

For the tab you created, just to verify, parent is set to none?

Did you install this add-on after XenPorta, or before XenPorta?

The code that places all the tabs on the nav bar is done via a listener (no template modifications), the same way the resource manager does so I can't see why your staff tab would no longer display on the nav bar. Have you tried placing it within the members tab (set parent to members tab), save it, and then reset the parent back to none, and save it? This will force a rebuild of it's cache.

I don't use XenPorta, so if the above does not work you will need to ask the author of the XenPorta add-on.
After XenPorta. :) It worked at first but then stopped. I'll try your suggestion but the parent is set to None at the moment.

Edit: Tried this, tab still nowhere to be found, even under members tab. :(

Edit 2: I just disabled XenPorta completely to see if the Staff tab would come back and nothing..... :/ So i'm not sure if it's because of XenPorta at all.....

I only have 3 add-ons installed at the moment, XenPorta 2, SSD's custom username markup for usernames & Icewind Staff.....I had SSD's add-on and Icewind Staff installed on my previous forum with no problems. I don't know if it was version 1.2.0 though....

Edit 3: It should also note that my old forum ran XF 1.5.11 w/ CTA Featured Threads. I'm running XenPorta 2 on 1.5.12 for this instance, just checked my staff settings on both and they both match to a T, I also disabled XenPorta 2 to see if it was that and the staff link is still not present, could it be something with XF 1.5.12?

Last edited:
@Lawrence, I got it sorted. I'm an idiot :p

For some reason the group permission setting was automatically set to 'no' for viewing the staff tabs......

All is good now. :)

I had to go back and look at the install file to see if I set the view staff tabs default value for the registered group to allow or not, :p The reason I checked after reading your reply was that I believe I did have it set to no a few versions ago to give admins a chance to create their staff tabs privately before they would be available to the public (or not). The latest version is defaulted to allow on installation, :)

I had to go back and look at the install file to see if I set the view staff tabs default value for the registered group to allow or not, :p The reason I checked after reading your reply was that I believe I did have it set to no a few versions ago to give admins a chance to create their staff tabs privately before they would be available to the public (or not). The latest version is defaulted to allow on installation, :)
That's really strange cuz I'm using the latest version? I'm assuming it's 1.2.0, yes? If there's a newer version i'm unaware of this :P

I've noticed that when I go into my Icewind Staff tab (labeled "Characters" on my site), this error message gets generated:

Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: show_dob_date - library/XenForo/Model/UserProfile.php:61
Generated By: Rani, 5 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/pandorar/public_html/whisperingstatic.com/library/XenForo/Model/UserProfile.php(61): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/pandorar/...', 61, Array)
#1 /home/pandorar/public_html/whisperingstatic.com/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(1500): XenForo_Model_UserProfile->getUserAge(Array)
#2 /home/pandorar/public_html/whisperingstatic.com/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(1517): XenForo_Model_User->prepareUserCard(Array)
#3 /home/pandorar/public_html/whisperingstatic.com/library/Icewind/Staff/ControllerPublic/Staff.php(101): XenForo_Model_User->prepareUserCards(Array)
#4 /home/pandorar/public_html/whisperingstatic.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Icewind_Staff_ControllerPublic_Staff->actionIndex()
#5 /home/pandorar/public_html/whisperingstatic.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/pandorar/public_html/whisperingstatic.com/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(39) "http://whisperingstatic.com/characters/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Ok I have a gaming guild that participates in 4 games. DDO, Neverwinter, Guild Wars 2 and Elder Scrolls Online.

PROBLEM: The memberlist just lists EVERYBODY in one list. I want guildies that play DDO to recognize their guildies RIGHT AWAY.

Id like to find a way to establish which guild member plays each game. I already have them in user groups. They have ranks like regular member, officers or guild leader.

Could I use this addon to solve my problem?

why you dont just install the plugin and if you dont like it remove it?

edit: and just check the screenshots from the dev then yous see how it looks.

@Lawrence sorry to bother, I've been using this addon for quite a while now and I've suddenly begun to get this error every time I view my staff page:
Code:
Server Error Log

Error Info
Error: Cannot use object of type XenForo_ControllerResponse_Reroute as array - library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php:70
Generated By: Unknown Account, Sunday at 7:46 PM

Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/mctrades/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionIndex()
#1 /var/www/mctrades/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#2 /var/www/mctrades/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#3 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(56) "https://www.mctrades.org/members/?type=iwd_staff-members"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["type"] => string(17) "iwd_staff-members"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Is this a known issue? The page functions perfectly, but the bug can get irritating as it floods the error log.
Also, thank you for taking the time to create this amazing addon!

first of all, this is a great addon.
But I do need the last activity displayed too.
I´m not a developer at all and have no idea to implement this.
I have already edited the iwd_staff_member_list_item and inserted the following:
Code:
<dt>{xen:phrase last_activity}:</dt>$user.lastActivity
Sure I can now see "Last activity", but no value.

thanks in advance

Top Bottom