Icewind Dale RP Total Forum Thread Views [Deleted]

Lawrence

Lawrence submitted a new resource:

Icewind Dale RP Total Forum Thread Views (version 1.0) - Tallies all message views, and displays the total in the Sidebar and on each Forum.

Keeps track of total thread views per forum and displays them on the forum list and the grand total on the forum home's sidebar (see screenshots).

Queries: only when the cron job runs.

Template Edits: none.

Usage: those who have sponsors for each forum should find this useful, or if you just want to keep track of total thread views. For me, I have my reasons, :p

Installation: upload the IcewindDaleRP folder to: yourXF/library/ and import the xml (you know the drill).

Once the install...

Read more about this resource...

wtf

This only does it from scratch. *uninstalls*

Thanks anyway!
I'm not sure what you mean from scratch? After you install it go to tools and rebuild the cache to get the initial totals. You do not need to run the cache rebuilder again. The cron will update the counts with the new views twice an hour.

wtf

This only does it from scratch. *uninstalls*

Thanks anyway!
Once the install is complete navigate to: Admin->Tools->Rebuild Forum Views. Set the number of forums to process per page load and press Rebuild Now. This may be processor extensive for large forums... mines tiny (see screenshot). Wait for the cron to run to update the views totals or run IwDRP Update Forums Thread Views cron. I do not have sub-forums of sub-forums, if the counts do not display in sub-sub forums, let me know and I'll create a couple of sub-sub forums on my site to fix/test.

Nice add-on. Any way to incorporate commas into the number format?

example: 1000000 becomes 1,000,000

Thanks.

As for the comma's I figured <xen: number...> took care of that. Ug :)

Edit: just remembered that in the forum list I couldn't use my own template, as the hook passed no data, and never thought about number formatting with the work around I used. Again, ug.

Lawrence updated Icewind Dale RP Total Forum Thread Views with a new update entry:

Added number formatting for the forums views

An oversight on my part, and thanks to Jeff Fuqua for letting me know. The views for the separate forums are now formatted for your locale.

Read the rest of this update entry...

If you downloaded and installed v1.0, you do not need to re-install the package, down load the template.zip file found in the post below, extract it and upload template.php to yourXenForo/library/IcewindDaleRP/ForumThreadViews/Listener/ Be sure it over-writes the existing template.php file.

Attachments

Not really a problem .... But will note of down for keep sake

PHP:
ErrorException: Undefined index: forum - library/IcewindDaleRP/ForumThreadViews/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:13
Generated By: Adam, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 /home/*****/public_html/forums/library/IcewindDaleRP/ForumThreadViews/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(13): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/*****/...', 13, Array)
#1 /home/*****/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): IcewindDaleRP_ForumThreadViews_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#2 /home/*****/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/*****/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(95) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/threads/addicts-and-siblings-share-brain-features.12886"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I honestly don't know.... It was a double post, so I deleted that thread, but I also moved it. The remain thread works fine and it is only the crawling bots that are looking for the old moved & deleted link that seem to bump into that.

I'm not able to repeat the error, but if I try to visit that link I do get the error. :confused:

As I said... Don't think it's an issue (not really). More of an odd mystery. :cautious:

Top Bottom