Resource icon

[Ice] LiveStreams 1.3

No permission to download
I'm not sure exactly what the problem was but the cron entry that checks if streams are online runs every minute - it might have just been a matter of waiting for that cron to run. Let me know if you have any more trouble.

I think that's probably all it was. I expected it to just appear as soon as one went live....but it's all good, thank you :)

Oh I have some more great ideas. I think it would be awesome if, instead of a horizontal list of livestreams, their is a list of livestream channel names (including the forum member who's channel it is and whether it is online or not. Also, I would like a channel page where they can add a background and have a comments section.

Is there anyway to add twitch.tv chat under the live stream video?

EDIT:

I figured it out.

Edit the template
ice_livestream_stream_item

Search for
Code:
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="{$stream_height}" width="{$stream_width}" id="live_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf?channel={$stream.stream_username}" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="hostname=www.twitch.tv&channel={$stream.stream_username}&auto_play=false&start_volume=25" /></object>

Add the following after

Code:
 <br><iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" id="chat_embed" src="http://twitch.tv/chat/embed?channel={$stream.stream_username}&amp;popout_chat=true&quot; height="400" width="{$stream_width}"></iframe>
You can change the Height to whatever works for your layout

only issue i have with what you have above me is that im getting that error saying hey its the wrong size anyway to fix that?

only issue i have with what you have above me is that im getting that error saying hey its the wrong size anyway to fix that?
Sure, it's probably too small. Go into the Admin Control Panel, on the Home tab go to Options, and scroll down until you see LiveStreams. Click on that and increase the size of the streams.

Sure, it's probably too small. Go into the Admin Control Panel, on the Home tab go to Options, and scroll down until you see LiveStreams. Click on that and increase the size of the streams.
Hi -Ice-,

I seem to be having trouble setting permissions for our Admins for this mod, where are the settings? I have looked in the normal User Group Permissions page, nothing there.

Hi -Ice-,

I seem to be having trouble setting permissions for our Admins for this mod, where are the settings? I have looked in the normal User Group Permissions page, nothing there.
To set the admin permissions (so they can add streams from the ACP), you would go to the Users tab of the ACP, go to "Administrators" on the left sidebar, click on the person you want to set the permissions for, and click the check box for the LiveStreams management permission. Only people with access to the ACP can add/remove streams currently, so access to the ACP is required.

I do hope to extend this add-on a bit in the next week or two if there is enough interest.

To set the admin permissions (so they can add streams from the ACP), you would go to the Users tab of the ACP, go to "Administrators" on the left sidebar, click on the person you want to set the permissions for, and click the check box for the LiveStreams management permission. Only people with access to the ACP can add/remove streams currently, so access to the ACP is required.

I do hope to extend this add-on a bit in the next week or two if there is enough interest.
Yes please! Let us know if you still intend to? What do you intend on working on?

Personally I'd like to see the sidebar flesh out a little, so that you have a thumbnail of the stream (static thumbnail) as well as the number of viewers, perhaps. Of course the actual Live Streams page could do with a bit of a tidy up as well, it is a bit difficult side-scrolling through so many streams.

Jaxel has just released his XenRio mod, and while I'm all for supporting him, this mod is almost there.

It had been working for me all this time.. then all of a sudden it stopped now i get this when i check out the cron

Server Error

file_get_contents(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. file_get_contents() in Ice/EmbedStreams/Model/Streams.php at line 38
  3. Ice_EmbedStreams_Model_Streams->cronStreamsUpdate() in Ice/EmbedStreams/CronEntry/LiveStreams.php at line 5
  4. Ice_EmbedStreams_CronEntry_LiveStreams::updateLiveStreams()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/Cron.php at line 356
  6. XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php at line 204
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 13

Does don't work for 1.4? I'm interested in this !
Yes, it should work up to 1.5.

bumped! Do we expect an update of this?
There aren't a whole lot of features that I could add that would be worth the time investment for a free add-on

I don't think Ice is no longer supporting this. :(
If some bugs pop up I'll do my best to get rid of them, but I don't currently plan on adding any new features.

It had been working for me all this time.. then all of a sudden it stopped now i get this when i check out the cron

Server Error

file_get_contents(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. file_get_contents() in Ice/EmbedStreams/Model/Streams.php at line 38
  3. Ice_EmbedStreams_Model_Streams->cronStreamsUpdate() in Ice/EmbedStreams/CronEntry/LiveStreams.php at line 5
  4. Ice_EmbedStreams_CronEntry_LiveStreams::updateLiveStreams()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/Cron.php at line 356
  6. XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php at line 204
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 13
This looks like PHP couldn't make a request to one of the streaming site's APIs. This could either be a problem on your server's end (most likely) or the API went down temporarily. Does this still occur?

Yes, it should work up to 1.5.

There aren't a whole lot of features that I could add that would be worth the time investment for a free add-on

If some bugs pop up I'll do my best to get rid of them, but I don't currently plan on adding any new features.

Regardless if it's a free add-on. It's pretty much a reputation when you post an add-on and no longer have interest in a product.

I was a developer for vBulletin and I would do my best to do some stuff to get stuff fixed. Non-the-less. I tried it and nothing happens.

Regardless if it's a free add-on. It's pretty much a reputation when you post an add-on and no longer have interest in a product.

I was a developer for vBulletin and I would do my best to do some stuff to get stuff fixed. Non-the-less. I tried it and nothing happens.
I wrote this add-on for the site that I help run, and released it on here for free so everyone could benefit from them. Everyone that has had a problem with it has gotten an answer, and I haven't gotten a dime for the countless hours I've put into writing and supporting my two add-ons. You can buy an add-on that does a little more and has support from the developer for $40 USD: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/1652/. I think we've got a really great community here and I really enjoy writing add-ons, but I simply don't have the time to do so as often as I used to. I'll do my best, but please don't complain about a free service.

/rant

As for your problem with 1.5, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work (we have a 1.5 board running and it works fine). Can you give me any specific error messages that show up?

I wrote this add-on for the site that I help run, and released it on here for free so everyone could benefit from them. Everyone that has had a problem with it has gotten an answer, and I haven't gotten a dime for the countless hours I've put into writing and supporting my two add-ons. You can buy an add-on that does a little more and has support from the developer for $40 USD: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/1652/. I think we've got a really great community here and I really enjoy writing add-ons, but I simply don't have the time to do so as often as I used to. I'll do my best, but please don't complain about a free service.

/rant

As for your problem with 1.5, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work (we have a 1.5 board running and it works fine). Can you give me any specific error messages that show up?

I'm not complaining. I'm just posting my two cents about support on free add-on.

If nobody is giving you a dime. I feel bad. For now, I can't provide a dime till I am done with my two events (This month and next month). After those. I have no problem giving donation to those who provides an awesome add-on.

As for the error. It doesn't show who's live when i put the twitch username

Last edited:
Top Bottom