1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained [Ice] LiveStreams 1.3

Embed Twitch/Own3d/Justin.tv LiveStreams above the forum list.

1. -Ice-

-Ice- Active Member

Ice3 submitted a new resource:

[Ice] LiveStreams (version 1.2) - Embed Twitch/Jtv LiveStreams above the forum list.

Read more about this resource...

2. -Ice-

-Ice- Active Member

Reserved

3. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

XFire would be one that comes to mind, but I'm unsure if they have an OpenAPI, will check it out.

4. Ace Of Death

Ace Of Death Member

Own3D would be great

Oh and AMAZING add-on... I've been looking for something like this for ages (or at least since I launched the site). Great work

5. -Ice-

-Ice- Active Member

Will do, their API is limited but super simple. I'll put out a new release in about a week with Own3d and any other doable suggestions for streaming sites.

Ace Of Death likes this.
  6. Ace Of Death

Ace Of Death Member

nice

7. CFodder

Aaaah, it seems you can associate and broadcast XFire through Twitch/JustinTV ... so you've already done the hardwork for us :).

8. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

Any change for livestream? I know it's not used as much for gaming but there are still some people that hang around on it.

9. CFodder

Would it be possible to have a little sidebar 'widget' that only shows when there are live streams and show's who's streaming, not with the video itself in it??

Only ask as I've moved the live streams to a page of their own :).

10. -Ice-

-Ice- Active Member

This is a good idea. Would it link to the page on your site or to the stream site?

CFodder likes this.
  11. -Ice-

-Ice- Active Member

Sure, they also have an open API.

intradox likes this.
  12. CFodder

Personally I'd just have it linked with whomever I've setup in the admin panel for the site ... others may want it to post directly to accounts I suppose??

13. ddmmh

ddmmh Well-Known Member

Amazing mod.

If this had support for the YouTube live streams. Id pay for it!

uniK likes this.
  14. Ace Of Death

Ace Of Death Member

I think it should link to the stream page that was setup on the site, but thats just me. That way you keep them on your site and dont link them away

15. Ace Of Death

Ace Of Death Member

how did you move them? I'm a noob when it comes to templates :(

16. -Ice-

-Ice- Active Member

I'm assuming he put the <xen:hook> in it's own page template. In the next version I'll include a route prefix "livestreams" so users could go to "yourdomain.com/forumroot/livestreams" to look at a page like this:

LiveStreams5.png

The nav link will be optional if you prefer to just have the streams above the forums list.

Ace Of Death likes this.
  17. Ace Of Death

Ace Of Death Member

nice Thanks a ton. I've wanted to have a livestream page on my site FOREVER, but could never quite get it to work how I wanted.

18. -Ice-

-Ice- Active Member

I also made it so that it'll display the number of streams online in the tab. If 3 streams are online, the tab title is "Live Streams (3)", so users will know when streams are online. I also plan on fixing the code up a bit to reduce the number of queries, using jQuery to hide/show the streams (the "right" way), and optimizing the database entry sizes.

19. Ace Of Death

Ace Of Death Member

is there a way that I can get the livestreams at the top of a particular forum (like one just for livestreams?) that way I can have discussion threads going below to chat about the streams in? May be to much to ask, but I thought I would ask if it was possible.

20. -Ice-

-Ice- Active Member

In your forum_view template:
    HTML:
    <xen:title>{$forum.title}{xen:helper pagenumber, $page}</xen:title>
    <xen:h1>{$forum.title}</xen:h1>

<xen:if is="{$forum.description} AND @threadListDescriptions">
        <xen:description class="baseHtml">{xen:raw $forum.description}</xen:description>
    </xen:if>

<xen:navigation>
        <xen:breadcrumb source="$nodeBreadCrumbs" />
    </xen:navigation>

Add this below the <xen:h1> tags (change the 5 to the node ID):
    HTML:
    <xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} == 5" >
        <xen:hook name="ice_livestreams_display"/>
    </xen:if>

Gabriel Pinho and Ace Of Death like this.