Resource icon

[Ice] LiveStreams 1.3

No permission to download

-Ice-

Ice3 submitted a new resource:

[Ice] LiveStreams (version 1.2) - Embed Twitch/Jtv LiveStreams above the forum list.

Description
This add-on will allow you to embed your member's streams above the forum list in a horizontally-scrolling list to save space. Streams will only be listed while the streams are online. Currently only Twitch.tv / Justin.tv are supported because of their popularity and open API. If you would like another stream type added, let me know (please make sure they have an API to get a stream's online status).

Installation
  1. Download and...

Read more about this resource...

XFire would be one that comes to mind, but I'm unsure if they have an OpenAPI, will check it out.

Own3D would be great

Oh and AMAZING add-on... I've been looking for something like this for ages (or at least since I launched the site). Great work

Aaaah, it seems you can associate and broadcast XFire through Twitch/JustinTV ... so you've already done the hardwork for us :).

Any change for livestream? I know it's not used as much for gaming but there are still some people that hang around on it.

Would it be possible to have a little sidebar 'widget' that only shows when there are live streams and show's who's streaming, not with the video itself in it??

Only ask as I've moved the live streams to a page of their own :).

Would it be possible to have a little sidebar 'widget' that only shows when there are live streams and show's who's streaming, not with the video itself in it??

This is a good idea. Would it link to the page on your site or to the stream site?

This is a good idea. Would it link to the page on your site or to the stream site?

Personally I'd just have it linked with whomever I've setup in the admin panel for the site ... others may want it to post directly to accounts I suppose??

how did you move them? I'm a noob when it comes to templates :(

how did you move them?
I'm assuming he put the <xen:hook> in it's own page template. In the next version I'll include a route prefix "livestreams" so users could go to "yourdomain.com/forumroot/livestreams" to look at a page like this:

LiveStreams5.webp

The nav link will be optional if you prefer to just have the streams above the forums list.

I also made it so that it'll display the number of streams online in the tab. If 3 streams are online, the tab title is "Live Streams (3)", so users will know when streams are online. I also plan on fixing the code up a bit to reduce the number of queries, using jQuery to hide/show the streams (the "right" way), and optimizing the database entry sizes.

is there a way that I can get the livestreams at the top of a particular forum (like one just for livestreams?) that way I can have discussion threads going below to chat about the streams in? May be to much to ask, but I thought I would ask if it was possible.

is there a way that I can get the livestreams at the top of a particular forum (like one just for livestreams?) that way I can have discussion threads going below to chat about the streams in? May be to much to ask, but I thought I would ask if it was possible.
In your forum_view template:
HTML:
<xen:title>{$forum.title}{xen:helper pagenumber, $page}</xen:title>
<xen:h1>{$forum.title}</xen:h1>

<xen:if is="{$forum.description} AND @threadListDescriptions">
    <xen:description class="baseHtml">{xen:raw $forum.description}</xen:description>
</xen:if>

<xen:navigation>
    <xen:breadcrumb source="$nodeBreadCrumbs" />
</xen:navigation>

Add this below the <xen:h1> tags (change the 5 to the node ID):
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} == 5" >
    <xen:hook name="ice_livestreams_display"/>
</xen:if>

Top Bottom