IB hotlinking my site

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah but you left out the internet brands message int he bottom right

Screenshot_3.webp

now back to my problem. this didn't fix any bandwidth issues (would have actually made it worse) but at least I can read the error messages easier now.

A word of warning, be careful with what you've put in that image.... while I can understand the reasoning behind the words you've used, you might find yourself in a libel lawsuit.

A word of warning, be careful with what you've put in that image.... while I can understand the reasoning behind the words you've used, you might find yourself in a libel lawsuit.
The chances of that would be slim. What images he puts on his own server is up to him. Who ever uses them for their own site could actually fined themselves being sued for copyright. Not to mention they are using his server resources aka bandwidth theft.

The chances of that would be slim. What images he puts on his own server is up to him. Who ever uses them for their own site could actually fined themselves being sued for copyright. Not to mention they are using his server resources aka bandwidth theft.
this is not legal advice:
the above is not legal advice
-not a lawyer.

i would add the word bandwidth but it's 70 images & don't feel like going thru all that.

You were giving legal advice, most lawyers giving legal advice online state it's not legal advice to cover themselves. Either way it was a joke, nvm.
Oh!

If anything tho, Mutt could sue them for a whole range of reasons. They are using his server resources that he has paid for and using his images without his permission.

Oh!

If anything tho, Mutt could sue them for a whole range of reasons. They are using his server resources that he has paid for and using his images without his permission.
So could XenForo for using their name and not stating that he isn't associated with nor speaks for them :D

Oh!

that's right! but I would settle out of court for a check for the full amount of my hosting costs for the duration of time that they have been pilfering my bandwidth.

Reactions: Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom