I would like to add a drop-down navbar menu that links to Xenforo Pages on my site.

Duckhead

Hello,

I'm really new to all of this, especially powerful forum software such as Xenforo, so please try and remain calm and just act like you're teaching a 12 year old something new.

I would like to add a drop-down menu on the navbar, linking to pages on my site (these are custom pages that I created using Xenforo's "Create A New Page" feature.)

I just don't understand how to do it and I don't get what all this node, child and sibling stuff means...if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you so much for your time and thank you for this great forum software, definitely worth the $168 I paid for it!

No problem.

I posted an explanation of the child and sibling relationship here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/child-and-sibling.26460/#post-317959

Hi Brogan,

I've installed the add-on, but I'm really confused about what I need to be doing. I'm on the "Create New Page" but there are so many options and I don't know what half of them mean..I'll list what I don't know.

URL Portion = ?
Display in the node list (tick or untick) = ?
Check node permissions = ?
Tab title = ? (would this be the name of the tab that you hover over before it drops down?)
Depth of child links = ?

Please help me! Thank you so much.

Have a read through the discussion thread, most if not all of your questions will be answered.

Ideally you should post any questions related to the add-on there.

Have a read through the discussion thread, most if not all of your questions will be answered.

Ideally you should post any questions related to the add-on there.

I checked that and sort of understand child and sibling, but what's an URL portion and what are node permissions and where can I find them? Thanks.

URL Portion = ?
URL portion is literally what you want to show up at the end of the link to that page... /BlahPage1/

Display in the node list (tick or untick) = ?
Display in the node list allows you to choose if it shows up in the forum list...this way you can make a page that has a link in the navigation but doesn't show up with all the other nodes in the list like forums categories and other pages.

Check node permissions = ?
You can choose who can see what and this will allow you to ignore that I believe

Tab title = ? (would this be the name of the tab that you hover over before it drops down?)
What is written on the button in the navigation

Depth of child links = ?
If you have a page and then four child pages setup in the node tree you can choose to show those links and how many layers deep it will show links for in the navigation drop down exactly how you have them setup in your node tree. If you set it to 2 it will show 2 layers deep.

URL portion is literally what you want to show up at the end of the link to that page... /BlahPage1/

Display in the node list allows you to choose if it shows up in the forum list...this way you can make a page that has a link in the navigation but doesn't show up with all the other nodes in the list like forums categories and other pages.

You can choose who can see what and this will allow you to ignore that I believe

What is written on the button in the navigation

If you have a page and then four child pages setup in the node tree you can choose to show those links and how many layers deep it will show links for in the navigation drop down exactly how you have them setup in your node tree. If you set it to 2 it will show 2 layers deep.

Awesome, thanks so much for your help...thank you also Brogan.

Top Bottom