XF 1.0 I want to have content in "What's New" to appear longer

erich37

I know there is a thread somewhere about this, but could not find it. Sorry for asking this question again.

On my forum (XF 1.0.4) the content (a thread) in the "What's New" disappears after 2 days of the time of post.
As I do not have many posts on my Forum, it shows "No results found" which is very annoying. I would like to have the latest threads to appear longer than just 2 days in the "What's New" area.

How to do this?

Thanks.

I have the "Read Marking Data Lifetime" set as 10 days per default.
However, when visiting my forum as a Guest (not logged-in), a thread which was created only 2 days ago is not showing up within "What's New" anymore.

There should be a XF-option for Admin in order to set a timeline as to how many days content to be shown within "What's New". Does not help to build a forum from scratch when content is disappearing from a button named "What's New" after only 2 days.

What's New shows unread threads,

even for visitors, who are not logged-in ?

what I want is for "Visitors" (users who are not logged-in into the website) to see the latest content.
And I am wondering why this content disappears after 2 days from "What's new". No matter if "read / unread" as visitor is not logged-in.

sorry, this is all strange to me, I do not get it. Probably I am just too dumb.

when I am logged-in, it says:
"You have no unread topics. You may view all recent threads instead"

when I click on the link "views all recent threads", it shows:
"No results found."

So the 2 days old thread completely disappeard from both views (New / Recent).

I give up.:(

Top Bottom