XF 1.2 I want all users to show online

gavpeds

Hi i want to have it so that all users show online and they don't them to have the option to hide how can i set this?

Also i seem to be having trouble with private messages. I imported my ipb board with all user messages. What i was hoping to do is have them accessible for regular members but if they wanted to use the pm system on xf they would have to upgrade their account. I have turned off the use of pm for regular members and it seems they can not start a new conversation but can reply to old ones. How can i stop the replying to old ones? I see i can lock them but how would i do this for every message and user that was imported?

I also want to remove all users custom titles that imported as i don't want to use this feature either

Last edited:
Hi i want to have it so that all users show online and they don't them to have the option to hide how can i set this?

Also i seem to be having trouble with private messages. I imported my ipb board with all user messages. What i was hoping to do is have them accessible for regular members but if they wanted to use the pm system on xf they would have to upgrade their account. I have turned off the use of pm for regular members and it seems they can not start a new conversation but can reply to old ones. How can i stop the replying to old ones? I see i can lock them but how would i do this for every message and user that was imported?

I also want to remove all users custom titles that imported as i don't want to use this feature either
OK, let's break this down. First to make all user visible so they can not hide, there is an add-on for that

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/disable-invisible-status-by-waindigo.2354/

Even though the developer says you don't need to run this query, I did any ways.
PHP:
UPDATE xf_user
SET visible = 1
This will unhide everyone who was hidden before you installed the add-on.

Yes, you can make it so members in X group can not send new PM's, but ss for replying to old PM's. I don't think there is away to stop that from happening, as you have found out.

I recall telling @Mike about that and I'm fiarly sure it was labeled as "as designed" or "designed flaw". But as I just tagged him in this thread, he can correct me if I'm wrong.

Custom titles are handled in the permissions. Turn them off. Then run this

PHP:
UPDATE xf_user SET custom_title = ''

This will flush out all custom user titles that were imported.

I'm guessing we'd need to drop the messages table in the DB but I'm not sure? can anyone help with this as I've got messages from my imported forums going back to 2007 and wanna drop them?
thanks for the addon link, I do think this should be an option in ACP though...

Top Bottom