Add-on I want a Wordpress-Xenforo Comments Addon (does it exist?)

petertdavis

I know there are a few things that integrate Wordpress and Xenforo, but I haven't noticed that any of them do what I want.

What I want is that when I post a new article on Wordpress, it would auto-create a discussion thread for comments in a specified forum on Xenforo, and auto-post a link to the discussion thread at the bottom of the Wordpress post.

Does it exist?

Yes. This exists. You may see it in action here, here, as well learn more about the bridge here. Specifically, look here to see a link to "Discuss in our community" and you'll notice anyone commenting in the forum has that shown on the WP side.

Now - this isn't the only possibility. There are numerous excellent bridges: xfrocks has one, there is the kotomi, or use the XenForo SDK, or search threads on this site to learn more about ways to integrate.

Best of luck on your search.

Thanks @LPH could you please tell me if I could run Xenword and only use the two features I mentioned above? I don't really want to have to log into Wordpress with Xenforo accounts, that would mess up some other tools that I'm using.

Thanks @LPH I don't really want to have to log into Wordpress with Xenforo accounts.

No. XenWord uses the XenForo accounts. WordPress custom roles do not work yet. You'd want to develop your own from kotomi, XenForo SDK, or look at xfrocks bridge.

Top Bottom