I think the PC is on its way out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, except this is what I did: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Air_Force_Pararescue#Pararescue_training_and_structure

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The other thing is I don't give any importance to criticism of those of us that have served in uniform and combat from those that never held their manhood in high enough esteem to join us.

One thing tends to annoy me about some people in the Army, not all but some. I've a cousin who's been a Para now for around 25 years, he even trains others to be one also, now serving in Afghanistan last I heard. Great lad, very friendly and treats none army people no differently. That's a far cry from his older brother and close relation to me. He spent 2 years in the army and then came out, I won't go into why he did? But anyway, he had this huge chip on his shoulder when he did come out towards us "none army people", real problem he had and tried to look down just because he'd served in the army for 2 years. One day this lead to a blazing argument between us both, blew my stack and told him to lose the attitude and that he wasn't in the army now.

Later he mellowed out over the years until his view finally changed, totally different from his younger brother who been a Para all that time. You strike me as being just like how he was back then with your attitude reading that post towards people who's never served in the army.

Don't see why anyone needs a big sausage to get in da army. I mean, how do girls go on that get in? :coffee:

The internet is always about dominating your opponent with insults. You stupid face. :D

Are we now opponents? Pitting our <insert knowledge and/or length of gentleman's sausage in here> *cowers in the corner*

:LOL:

Back on topic: *continues to cower*

If Fred and EQnoble keep arguing over sausage size, it will only lead to this.

0artcalmon.jpg

Don't see why anyone needs a big sausage to get in da army. I mean, how do girls go on that get in? :coffee:
You didn't catch the literary reference then, one much in line with my response and an attitude also displayed on the video. I'll even highlight the thematic points.

Shakespeare's HENRY V said:
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call'd the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian.'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispian's day.'
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

The timelessness of the Immortal Bard.

stop your nonsense and non related quotes...where do I test out what you are saying is 'the future' (the thin client and service)....put up or shut up fred, otherwise I will believe you lost and are scared to be proven wrong...I have the time and money to try out any service you suggest, ball is in your court, 1 fault...your serve.

If you don't want me to test out a service and prove you wrong keep going offtopic on offtopic on offtopic and throw an occasional insult to try to keep it there...I will understand.

stop your nonsense and non related quotes...where do I test out what you are saying is 'the future' (the thin client and service)....put up or shut up fred, otherwise I will believe you lost and are scared to be proven wrong...I have the time and money to try out any service you suggest, ball is in your court, 1 fault...your serve.

If you don't want me to test out a service and prove you wrong keep going offtopic on offtopic on offtopic and throw an occasional insult to try to keep it there...I will understand.
I'll be blunt then. You're an idiot and I'm bored with you. I have said repeatedly that this won't reach the home user for about 10 years, but that the direction is inevitable and unavoidable.

If you want to try it today, you'll need to do something novel - GET A JOB with any of the hundreds of companies currently using it. The Studios in Las Colinas, TX use VDI for their video and sound production. Give them a try: http://thestudiosatlascolinas.com/about-us/jobsinternships

I'll be blunt then. You're an idiot and I'm bored with you. I have said repeatedly that this won't reach the home user for about 10 years, but that the direction is inevitable and unavoidable.

If you want to try it today, you'll need to do something novel - GET A JOB with any of the hundreds of companies currently using it. The Studios in Las Colinas, TX use VDI for their video and sound production. Give them a try: http://thestudiosatlascolinas.com/about-us/jobsinternships
Exactly, I'm an idiot, but you posted a video of some person watching a video recorded from a camera at a non-perfect perpendicular intersecting viewpoint as an example of how virtual is good for video playback....but you wont list me a place to try the service out and prove that you picked a video off the internet that proves nothing and made up non evidence to support the effect that you root for. Please stay away from my government you hackjob.

Also when you use softlayer for a datacenter or in house and live/based within 50-100 miles....it is not the same as virtual machines sitting at distances of hundreds to thousands of miles...but yeah way to slur everything for those who don't know anything about it.

And while you do your job and count dollars, people like me do work and if I get paid that is fine with me, if I don't that is also fine...and then when I am done I go to my place of employment...call me when you figure out how to use your rate of pay to buy back the values that you have sold out if you even had any in the first place...you can catch me here between time spent helping my fellow humans which I do for free...when was the last time you helped someone here?

And just to highlight YOUR CAPS letters...I do have a job and we do have contracts with the govt. I am just not as stupid as you where I feel I would have the need to brag about the details of who I deal with and what we do so I can feel important. Have fun living the lie. The stripes on MY chinos are worth more than the ones on YOUR shoulder soldier. This is me saluting you with my middle finger.

The stripes on MY chinos are worth more than the ones on YOUR shoulder soldier. This is me saluting you with my middle finger.
And you're free to think so, wrapped warmly in the blanket of security that I and my brothers in arms provided. Add when your children ask what you did when men of courage and honor stood shoulder to shoulder against the forces of tyranny and evil in your lifetime, you can proudly tell them that you sat at a keyboard and disparaged their sacrifices from the anonymity of a computer like a neutered puppy yapping shrilly from a behind a fence - timid, collared and without balls.

And you're free to think so, wrapped warmly in the blanket of security that I and my brothers in arms provided. Add when your children ask what you did when men of courage and honor stood shoulder to shoulder against the forces of tyranny and evil in your lifetime, you can proudly tell them that you sat at a keyboard and disparaged their sacrifices from the anonymity of a computer like a neutered puppy yapping shrilly from a behind a fence - timid, collared and without balls.
And this is the exact attitude that friends of mine who are actively in service are fed up with. Yes, you were in the military, and maybe people should respect you for it. At least up until you give this better than thou attitude which should just get you a punch in the face.

Seriously, give it a rest as no one but you cares, and posts like this are just a waste of brain activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom