I Saw The New Myspace And Got Nervous

DRE

Making my site's member's profiles public after seeing the new Myspace video. This way they can show off on my site instead of having to show off there. Myspace is trying to make a comeback with a new redesign. They hired Justin Timberlake for help. I like it. The only problem I have with it is I saw no blogs or any section that a lotta text to read such as a collection of visitor comments etc like myspace had in the past. I know a minor thing to nitpick at but just saying.

http://www.8thos.com/threads/the-new-myspace.18264/

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A preview video of the new Myspace shows that the new version of the site will sport a completely overhauled new look that seems to take a few cues from Pinterest, Tumblr and About.me. Users will be able to log in via Facebook and Twitter in addition to creating their own native profiles. The new profile features a large background image with a smaller profile photo in the upper left-hand corner. A stream of photos and status updates is arranged to the right of the screen in a manner that will be familiar to anyone who has used Pinterest. - Complex

Why did you get nervous? hah..

I only have an account on myspace for business and havnt used it in years......time to change that now :)

Why did you get nervous? hah..

I only have an account on myspace for business and havnt used it in years......time to change that now :)
Cause social networking is divided. Myspace used to have everything. Now people usually go to different sites for different experiences. Facebook for networking, Tumblr for blogs, Instagram for pics, Twitter/Facebookfor random statuses, wallposts. A forum software like Xenforo is very powerful because it can incorporate all of that.

I just wish all these social sites would find a permanent resting place 6' underground. In truth i kind of forgot about My Space and thought it was already there. I think MS missed the mark, this new version is a little to little a little to late. Even Twitter kills MS in popularity today.. I dont think much of anything will bring My Space back to its formor glory.. Actually they are starting to remind me of vB.. Steal everyone's ideas and duct tape it all together and hope it floats.. Not gonna happen. The My Space glory days are long over.

I just wish all these social sites would find a permanent resting place 6' underground. In truth i kind of forgot about My Space and thought it was already there. I think MS missed the mark, this new version is a little to little a little to late. Even Twitter kills MS in popularity today.. I dont think much of anything will bring My Space back to its formor glory.. Actually they are starting to remind me of vB.. Steal everyone's ideas and duct tape it all together and hope it floats.. Not gonna happen. The My Space glory days are long over.
Justin needs a new album produced by Timbaland to coincide with the new Myspace design for this to work.

Then he'll really be bringing sexy back.

Making my site's member's profiles public after seeing the new Myspace video. This way they can show off on my site instead of having to show off there. Myspace is trying to make a comeback with a new redesign. They hired Justin Timberlake for help. I like it. The only problem I have with it is I saw no blogs or any section that a lotta text to read such as a collection of visitor comments etc like myspace had in the past. I know a minor thing to nitpick at but just saying.

http://www.8thos.com/threads/the-new-myspace.18264/

A preview video of the new Myspace shows that the new version of the site will sport a completely overhauled new look that seems to take a few cues from Pinterest, Tumblr and About.me. Users will be able to log in via Facebook and Twitter in addition to creating their own native profiles. The new profile features a large background image with a smaller profile photo in the upper left-hand corner. A stream of photos and status updates is arranged to the right of the screen in a manner that will be familiar to anyone who has used Pinterest. - Complex

that video looks very nice..... like a mix of FB and Pinterest ???

hopefully we will see a Pinterest-like gallery from XenForo soon, e.g. a mix of a Forum and Pinterest ?

Meh.

MySpace is not going to make a come back.

The design was their problem a few years ago. At this point, it's a brand name problem. When you say MySpace, all most anyone thinks of is spam and wasted time.

Facebook is facing this problem now too.

Social networking isn't dying, but what is out there isn't drawing any new attention.

Twitter to much to my surprise and disbelief will hold out longer and hold more value.

I've seen dying social network websites trying to do a come back many times and most if not all of them keep failing. They depend more on name and herd mentality than on actual content and design.

They hired Justin Timberlake for help.

I wasn't aware Justin Timberlake knew how to run an online business or knew about programming.

I think MySpace's relaunch is quite good, but, as mentioned, the problem is they clearly lost the "war" with Facebook. No one really remembers MySpace much anymore, other than it was that "annoying place where horrible music played at full blast on everyone's page and there was no way to stop it."

At least, that's what I remember about MySpace.

Looks good honestly. Looks creative... that's more than one can say about most social networks these days. I just got interested enough to drop my email address in their invite box. Lol... hope it isn't another G+

I'm on it. Looks nice. Too lazy to pimp mine out at the moment tho. Add me! https://new.myspace.com/8thos.com

invites2.webp

I still haven't seen that movie.

But I'm browsing through this and this actually feels more of an 'entertainment' experience than a 'social networking' experience because the 'Trending' part of the New Myspace is very sexy.

I shouldn't jump to conclusions though because I have no friends at the moment. Where's Myspace Tom when you need him?

Top Bottom