I noticed that it does not log views from returning visitors

ForumLover

I have tested it on a demo I set up and visited a post 24 and 48 hours again and it still does not add a view to the forum view count. Is there a way it can log on impressions and not just Unique visits.

So, people don't just jump in here and answer these kinds of questions. Good to know.
Generally replies are quicker. In my local time the thread was created at 10PM and it's a weekend. For anything that you feel is urgent, you may get a quicker reply via Contact us.

I have tested it on a demo I set up and visited a post 24 and 48 hours again and it still does not add a view to the forum view count. Is there a way it can log on impressions and not just Unique visits.
Which is the forum view count you're referring to, incidentally? Can you show in a screenshot so I know exactly which element you're referring to?

Attached I circled the view count. Not sure why I am not understood. Is it really hard to count every page refresh or visit? On my site I want every single visit counted by returning visitors every time the page is refreshed. That kind of mechanism keeps my site from looking dead and makes it more inviting for people to post. I visited and reloaded on this demo well over 10 times and it only counts my returning visit when I post. On the demo, I had before this one I revisited it overtime over three days and clicked and reloaded and it never counted any of my return visits.

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot_2019-08-04 Main forum_LI.webp
    InkedScreenshot_2019-08-04 Main forum_LI.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 17
BTW, this is the only thing keeping me from purchasing. I have other solutions that might not have all the addons and bells and whistles but it will count return visits as it should .

Attached I circled the view count. Not sure why I am not understood.
Well, you said "Forum view count" and that's a thread. So it's a reasonable clarification, really.

Thread views are counted, and it is not based on unique views. Each time you view the thread, it will log a view. If you refresh the page continuously even, it will log every single one of those views.

However, for performance reasons, the views are not applied straight away. The thread records are updated once every hour.

I think I've located the demo and I can see the view count has updated since your screenshot.

As I said before. I visited the old demo over 48 hours and there was no update. Show me it works, please. Also, my apologies for not communicating clearly and thinking you understand. Do you want the link to the demo? It's not counting and it's not updating. I have tried it multiple ways.

Show me it works, please.
Assuming this is your demo, it seems to work:

1564939495741.webp

If you visit the thread a few more times, then go to Admin CP > Tools > Cron entries > and click the "Run now" icon next to the "Update view counters" entry, that will manually trigger the process which happens hourly and the views will update.

As I said before. I visited the old demo over 48 hours and there was no update. Show me it works, please. Also, my apologies for not communicating clearly and thinking you understand. Do you want the link to the demo? It's not counting and it's not updating. I have tried it multiple ways.

The largest thread on my forum has 24k replies, 2m views, and I only have 15.8k registered users. It clearly works.

Not sure if you have the option in the demo but you could refresh the page and then run the hourly script to watch it update.

Top Bottom