1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some CSS and template help!

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by discoian, Jun 19, 2011.

1. discoian

discoian Active Member

Hi guys,

I really want to move my banner advert from where it is now into the position I have shown below in the header. I use the XenAMS banner system so I figure it might be a simple thing...or not, I don't know. I am neither a coder or a CSS pro.

If you can help then please get in touch!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If XenAMS doesn't use the ad templates then you will need to ask in the add-on release thread as I don't have it installed.

If it does use the ad templates then you can use the ad_header template.
  3. discoian

discoian Active Member

Yep it does, I can just drop the code into the ad_header template but I think it needs some positioning as it appears directly above my logo in the center.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Wrap it in a div with float: right or text-align: right.
  5. discoian

discoian Active Member

If I wrap it in a div...

<div style="float: right;">
        <xen:include template="xenams_breadcrumb" />
    It looks like this...

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It works fine for me when I use ad_header:

<div style="float: right;">
    You are using a different template, xenams_breadcrumb. Can you please post the contents of xenams_breadcrumb as well as the contents of the template that includes it? Or post a link to your forum.
  7. discoian

discoian Active Member

Yep I managed to fix it...what was causing that is the logo image was too wide. Once I had compressed it down to 450px width from 500px it first perfectly...

Thanks for your input!!!

8. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

450px logo is still huge...
  9. discoian

discoian Active Member

Well maybe. I've fixed the width of XF at 960, it seems to work ok on most laptop sizes down to 12" and even on my iPad looks pretty cool.