I need help with ES

tafreehm

Hello,
I have just installed ES and rebuild all search index. Now when I try to perform any search it return 0 results. I may have missed something but cannot figure out what that is.

In admincp > options > Search Options :
I am not sure what values to fill up there. I have left them as default and checked 'enable elastic search'.

Please tell me how to fix that. Thanks

We have several other clients on the same server using ES. None of them required any server details, they just used default info and then rebuilt search index.

One more thing: under Tools > ElasticSearch Setup it still says "The search index should be rebuilt immediately after changing any values on this page."

Does it supposed to go away after you rebuilt search indexes, or it stays there forever ?

Did you enter the server details?

Have you actually installed it on the server?

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-basic-elasticsearch-installation-debian-ubuntu.26163/
Did you enter the server details?

Have you actually installed it on the server?

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-basic-elasticsearch-installation-debian-ubuntu.26163/
I found this in error logs:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Elasticsearch error: IndexMissingException[[mella_db] missing] - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:713
Generated By: Don, Today at 8:30 PM
Stack Trace

#0 /home/mella/public_html/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(200): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_logSearchResponseError(Object(stdClass), true)
#1 /home/mella/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/Abstract.php(115): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->executeSearch('first post', false, Array, Array, false, '200')
#2 /home/mella/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/Searcher.php(79): XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_Abstract->searchGeneral('first post', Array, 'date', '200')
#3 /home/mella/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php(230): XenForo_Search_Searcher->searchGeneral('first post', Array, 'date')
#4 /home/mella/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionSearch()
#5 /home/mella/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/mella/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(41) "http://www.forum.com/search/search"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["keywords"] => string(10) "first post"
    ["users"] => string(0) ""
    ["date"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Verify your Xenforo database name is shown here (red arrow).

pic001.webp

Assuming it is, I suggest checkmarking the Delete Index and clicking Delete Index. That will delete your index and create a new mapping. At that point you need to rebuild the Search Cache.

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild Now

View attachment 45367

Assuming it is, I suggest checkmarking the Delete Index and clicking Delete Index. That will delete your index and create a new mapping. At that point you need to rebuild the Search Cache.

yes it was there....
------------
ok here is what is happening now. All the subsequent posts are returning in search result but the older ones. That means search index was not built properly.
I am gonna use option 'delete index' as AndyB suggested and rebuild search index.

View attachment 45367

I tried that just now, and it did not change anything... :(

I assume during the search index rebuild it did show the posts and threads and other info as it was being rebuilt?

What happens if you create a new message and enter in a unique word like test1234, does the search find it?

I assume during the search index rebuild it did show the posts and threads and other info as it was being rebuilt?

What happens if you create a new message and enter in a unique word like test1234, does the search find it?
thank you for the help.. and yes it was doing that and magically it have started to work normal now. However, there is one keyword that I have been using for test search does not return anything but one post. and I am 120% sure that there are thousands of posts that has that keyword.

Can someone explain me this behavior ?

Top Bottom