I miss xenforo

Jamie

I just recently moved from New Hampshire to North Carolina, where I am from to be closer to my parents.. during this week and a half of either having no internet, or internet by tether on my netbook, I have really found myself missing this community and a few others I am a member of that are running xenforo.

I didn't really think about it until today, after I get my desk set back up and things almost normal again that I haven't thought about a couple of IPB sites I am on or vB sites I am on, but I have missed this community, my community and two others all running xenforo..

I am not sure if these communities just do a better job of drawing the member in and this is what I missed, or if xenforo does a great job of making the member want to be active.

Either way, I am happy to be back.. now during my time away it would seem you guys have released a newer version than the one I am running... so off to upgrade my community.

Jamie

Thanks! No, the move went as to be expected.. a freight company moved the household belongings and it's only a 14 hour drive to get here.. the most stressful thing was not being 'connected' like I am used to.. Some home cooking from mom settled that a little. :)

It's great being 90 minutes away from my aging parents vs 14 hours.

Jamie

Thanks! No, the move went as to be expected.. a freight company moved the household belongings and it's only a 14 hour drive to get here.. the most stressful thing was not being 'connected' like I am used to.. Some home cooking from mom settled that a little. :)

It's great being 90 minutes away from my aging parents vs 14 hours.

Jamie
I can certainly understand that. When I lived in Norfolk, VA I had a 14 hour drive home back to Michigan to see my parents. That drive is brutal. Where in NC are you? Raleigh?

Yes, the land I bought is just east, outside of Raleigh. My parents live in a place called Plymouth, NC

Thanks Kim! It's been in planning since last January when mom turned 80, so it's good to be done and over. :)

Jamie

Yes, the land I bought is just east, outside of Raleigh. My parents live in a place called Plymouth, NC
Nice. Raleigh was one of the places I was considering after my time on active duty was up. But, there was a plethora of opportunity where I am now, so here I am. At any rate, what kind of home cooking did your mom treat you to when you got there? :D

More than I could recount.. BBQ, Fried Chicken, home canned vegetables from their garden, home made desserts.. Kier would have loved to seen the cake we ate... of course mom would have been mad had he crushed it on her kitchen floor!

Now it's time to get back to the grind, get back on the diet and build a home.

Jamie

More than I could recount.. BBQ, Fried Chicken, home canned vegetables from their garden, home made desserts.. Kier would have loved to seen the cake we ate... of course mom would have been mad had he crushed it on her kitchen floor!

Now it's time to get back to the grind, get back on the diet and build a home.

Jamie

Sounds yum :D You should have gotten a pic! :p

Top Bottom