I like how XF works great even with JS disabled

Chromaniac

I often browse the web with JS disabled. And I have to admit that XF is very usable with JS disabled.

I would like this opportunity to thank the developers for ensuring that.

Why someone may ask do I disable JS and not use some ad-blocker? Because it is simpler and it makes loading web pages astonishingly fast at least the ones that work with JS disabled!

i do it mostly in opera where turning off/on the JS is fairly easy using the F12 button. :)

Yeah, it's very cool that the core functionality, and even a bit more, still works - just because a lot can be done with css, or direct page loads. Impressive.

i am happy to see that you have decided to carry this one. seriously, it gets frustrated when apps break because of it. XF seems to have a workaround for everything. file uploads too... i hope it stays like this!

i've shutdown my js and did some test... it's simply amazing how xenForo responds! The script looks very mature even for an alpha version... i just can't stop beeing amaze on how this software is well scripted! wow!

so it worked? the box does not appear in opera at my end.

maybe it's because i am using their 10.70 test releases and not a stable build. here is how it shows:

uf3nM.png

oh i know about formatting controls. they do not appear...

i guess it is an opera test release specific problem. :)

You certainly have the situation well documented. I know Mike reads the bug report forum. Perhaps posting up your problem in there, then put a link to that report from this thread?

edit - before you post a report, maybe a search for opera in the bug forum?

ok. this is annoying. i installed the stable edition of opera on my linux installation and i can see the post box with js disabled.

this means that the test releases of opera 10.70 have some issues that are causing this text box to not appear.

ok. this is annoying. i installed the stable edition of opera on my linux installation and i can see the post box with js disabled.

this means that the test releases of opera 10.70 have some issues that are causing this text box to not appear.
Perhaps you'd like to tweet that XenForo actually works very well with Javascript disabled, and that your problems were related to an alpha version of a browser, so that it doesn't look to anyone searching for XenForo on Twitter that you've just said it's a load of crap?

Top Bottom