I know someone who...

Erik

Thought this would be an interesting thread to see what kind of people you guys have connections with or personally know or whatever.

So, post about someone you know (personally, i.e. they are a friend or you've met in person - not "I know of somebody") that has done something cool, has a cool job, has impressive accomplishments, whatever. Just something that we would all be interested to hear about. Also please try not to post about yourself because then this will just turn into a bragging thread, and the forum's had enough bickering threads already. :rolleyes:

I know someone who's traveled to all 7 continents. :)

I've met Kier and Mike, does that count? And they know someone that works at Facebook.

I am new to this game :) Not sure how to play it.

Apparently it is! If you can stand being with the same team of people for a long time, and don't get cabin fever, my friend actually did two Winters, he enjoyed it so much!

That's on my todo list, I think that will be an awesome experience.

For work or vacation?
Vacation. Although Antartica isn't really a place you go for vacation. The whole thing was more of a goal/project of her family to visit all 7 continents. They documented their trip really well. I think the whole thing took place over 5 years. :)

Edit: I should add they visited all 50 US states as well. They still travel all over the place and went to the Middle East this summer. I am extremely jealous. :D
I've met Kier and Mike, does that count? And they know someone that works at Facebook.

I am new to this game :) Not sure how to play it.
That counts, yeah. :) It was mainly just about people you know you've done cool or unusual things or are just interesting people. Or if you personally know a famous person that works too!

Examples (all untrue):
I know a person who pilots a submarine
I know a person who has their own TV show
I know a person who works at a nuclear power-plant
I know a person who acts in major motion pictures
I know a person who has a top-secret clearance
I know a person who's worth a billion dollars

These are all kind of secret/fame/fortune examples, but hopefully you get the idea. Just stuff that would be interesting to read or talk about. :)

I was best friends at school with someone who's brother is a Movie Star.

I wasn't best friends with her, but otherwise - ditto.

I know someone who inherited a million dollars and spent it all inside of a few years. (Okay... not really inspiring. More of a cautionary tale, really.)

I wasn't best friends with her, but otherwise - ditto.

I know someone who inherited a million dollars and spent it all inside of a few years. (Okay... not really inspiring. More of a cautionary tale, really.)

Cool! and Oh so not cool >_<

I know 2 people who were at a Baby shower for Nicole Kidman's first adopted baby.

My dad, but you stalk people on forums!

He's a blacksmith that does props for the movie, music and game industry, as well as many other things. Chances are if you've watched TV, seen an ad for video games, or seen a movie, you've seen some of his work.

That would be somewhere between scary, yet so exciting, all rolled into one.

True, not something I could do myself, I have seen John Carpenter's "the Thing" :o

Naw.. being cooped up with the same gang of people 24 hours a day for months and months and months on end is not my idea of fun!!! Not to mention the sheer isolation and entrapment, just knowing you CANNOT get out of there is enough to freak me out!!!

Top Bottom