I have several questions about XenForo

Sam F

QUESTIONS:

1. Can I change my stats to reflect the number of posts I now have on my current forum?
2. Can I change my stats to reflect the number of members I now have on my current forum?
3. Can I change the number of posts a member has?
4. How does a member upload a photo with the mobile phone?
5. Which photo post service works best with XenForo, Google Picasa, photo bucket etc?
6. Does Header have a space limitation for image?
7. Does Footer have a space limitation for image or html code etc?
8. Can each forum Topic have a different Header and Background?
9. Custom Avatars - is there a size limit?
10. How many Similes can I add? and size restrictions?
11. If I have a main forum, can I have sub forums, EXAMPLE: South , North , East , and West ? Than each sub forum have its own topics?
12. Can I enter Google, Bing, Yahoo, Search engines ownership code be impute in the site to prove ownership?
13. Can I have forum Topics open to anyone to view to be seen by the search engines?
14. will registered member Forums be excluded from search engines?
15. will non member see forum topics? but not be able to enter to read the posts until the Register?
16. User Title Ladder - Edit Trophy: First Message etc - Can I add Auto icons that will show up?
17. Can I add Avatars that show up under profile photo?
18. Can I have NO INVISIBLE BROWSING
19. In Applications Node Tree, How Can I move forum around? To move a forum under a different category?

Thanks
Sam

1. The stats are calculated based on the actual number of posts, it's not possible to override this. You may be able to import your existing forum posts into XenForo.
  2. The member stats are calculated based on the actual number of members. Again, you may be able to import your members into XenForo.
  3. Yes, this isn't calculated so you can change it for each user in the Admin CP.
  4. The "Upload a File" button works on mobile.
  5. There isn't really any integration with any specific photo services. There may be embedding features services have that you can set up using the XenForo BB code media site system.
  6. You can customise the style however you like.
  7. As above.
  8. As above.
  9. The avatars are resized to the appropriate sizes automatically, as an admin you can control file sizes etc. with permissions.
  10. No limit on smilies.
  11. Yes, you can nearly infinitely nest categories and forums.
  12. You have full control over editing templates, so if any service requires you to add code to identify your site, this is relatively easily done.
  13. Search engines can only see what guest users can see.
  14. As above.
  15. Yes there is a permission for that.
  16. This requires some template edits and CSS but people have done similar things before.
  17. Not sure I understand this question, sorry.
  18. There is a "Bypass user privacy" permission. Users can still browse invisibly, but users with this permission can still see those users in the online lists, and their activity, etc.
  19. You edit the forum and give that forum a different parent node. You can also control the display order.

Hi Thanks Chris D

1. How does a member upload a photo with the mobile phone?
The "Upload a File" button works on mobile.

Yes but where does the photo go?, is it embedded in the post which sues band with?

1. The avatars are resized to the appropriate sizes automatically, as an admin you can control file sizes etc. with permissions.

file size or the size of the avatar LxWxH

1. Can I enter Google, Bing, Yahoo, Search engines ownership code be impute in the site to prove ownership?
You have full control over editing templates, so if any service requires you to add code to identify your site, this is relatively easily done.

Yes but is there a section and place in my admin section where I can add the goggle and bing webmaster code?

1. User Title Ladder - Edit Trophy: First Message etc - Can I add Auto icons that will show up?
This requires some template edits and CSS but people have done similar things before.

How or where would i find this info?

1. Can I add Avatars that show up under profile photo?
Not sure I understand this question, sorry.

I'm talking like under my photo to the left of this post under my photo, like where it has your name?

1. In Applications Node Tree, How Can I move forum around? To move a forum under a different category?
You edit the forum and give that forum a different parent node. You can also control the display order.

Thnaks that worked

Yes but where does the photo go?, is it embedded in the post which sues band with?
Yes, usually hosted on your server, and embedded in the post.

file size or the size of the avatar LxWxH
File size. The avatar dimensions are resized automatically.

Yes but is there a section and place in my admin section where I can add the goggle and bing webmaster code?
There's a section to add your Google Webmaster property ID, this sets up the analytics code automatically. For anything else, you can just edit templates.

How or where would i find this info?
We can't provide specific support to non-licensed customers, but generally speaking either there will be guides in the Resource Manager, or support threads from other customers. Or, when you are licensed you can post in the relevant areas for support.

I'm talking like under my photo to the left of this post under my photo, like where it has your name?
Much like everything, there's templates and CSS that can be edited to do similar things.

oh and I can not import my forum
because it is a YUKU forum...
I have some great states that i hate to lose...
That's unfortunate. As I understand it, it's a hosted forum so there's no way to properly export the data. Actually, you may be able to do something in the templates to show the stats differently.

Hi again

I am seriously looking into this forum program ...

I just would like to know if i can configuring XenForo to have some of the features that we need to keep our forum fun and active... Below are a few screen shots of what I would like to accomplish...

I would like to know if I would be able to insert Forum section banners?

In my CSS i put this code for each section banner

section%252520banners.jpg

Auto Titles
Auto and status titles are titles that will appear in the poster detail area of any members who fulfill the criteria. Number of posts etc…

Status Titles

For moderators would work the same.

Auto%252520Titles%2525201.jpg

This is where I now add them.

Auto%252520Titles%2525202.jpg

This is how I add them

Auto%252520Titles%2525203.jpg

This is how I decide how many posts the auto titles will take effect etc...
I can add as many as I would like no limit.

Auto%252520Titles%2525204.jpg

So I would like to know if this would be possible, its just the type of site and forum we have, and I feel this helps members post more and keeps things fun and active... not to mention the contribution
plaque help with supporters.

Thanks for your help

Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: There are user titles and user title ladders which, I believe, are the equivalent.

I have looked at this feature and it is not the same at all.
There are three things that I need to accomplish as shown below.

I was hoping that someone could steer me in the right direction, this is the only thing holding me up from purchasing xenforo, as soon as I know I would have the means of inserting these three items, I will purchase and get to work on building our forum with xenforo

Thanks
Sam

Auto%252520Titles%2525201.jpg

Supporter badges can most likely be done with custom fields.

Members can choose their own avatars after they've signed up, or during signup with an add-on.

"Auto titles" or whatever you want to call it will need more explanation but can most likely be accomplished with user group promotion, depending on how you want them to be assigned.

Hi TwistedMerlin

RE: Supporter badges can most likely be done with custom fields.
Would there be a selection for custom fields in the admin section?

Members can choose their own avatars after they've signed up, or during signup with an add-on.
I would like to add custom avatars basted on their post and personality, would I be able to add anything in that space?

"Auto titles" or whatever you want to call it will need more explanation but can most likely be accomplished with user group promotion, depending on how you want them to be assigned.
any "Auto titles" witld be added based upon the posts a member has, ( 1 post gets an avatar) ( 25 posts gets a different avatar) etc and you can select the number of post to get the specified avatars.

Just trying to see if I would be able to accomplish this with xenforo

Yeah that's what I thought you meant by auto titles etc. So yes that much you can do with user group laddering/promotion. As far as adding custom avatars per user. That would likely need custom code.

There's an add-on and a tutorial that will allow you to prefix usernames with a font awesome icon. You may be able to modify that for your needs.

Thanks I'm not sure this will work like the above.

I'm not sure why xenforo does not have a feature that would allow admin to add info under members profile image area? seems like it would be a simple feature.

Most forums that I have belonged to have something like this...

Anyways this is what were are seeking to accomplish. if anyone can assist let me know.

Thanks
Sam

Top Bottom