I have a question about vB 3.8.1 database import into XF2..???

DarylDixon

Hello everyone,,
I am about to buy XF2. If I understand correctly, there is a built in database import/conversion feature that should be able to handle upgrading from vB 3.8.1. If that is the case, I am not sure about the steps involved.

My plan is to do a clean install of XF2 on a Snappy 8000 VPS plan from HostGator. It will have CentOS 6.10, PHP 7.1 and MySQL 5.6.3 installed.

Would I use the database backup feature in the vB Admin CP to export the tables to a file, upload that file to the new server, and then use it for the import to XF2? Or, is there some other method of exporting the data that I am supposed to use. Either way, are there any steps I should take to prepare the database for export?

Also, I have custom user profile fields created with the Profile Field Manager in the vB Admin CP. Will the import/conversion process grab these as well, or does it only bring in the default vB tables/fields made when you first install vB?

i am working on a vb import also...vb4, but anyway at least you should be advised that the importer via xen2 is still considered beta and in our tests mixed up the forum orders or some things not quite right........on the other hand the xen2 importer can grab much more things so what we are doing is xen1 importer for the things it can grab...then upgrade to xen2 and carefully import some extras there....be advised there isnt much support for social group import...or blogs either i dont think?

you should be able to get the custom profile fields no problem.....the importer will ask you the names of both source and destiny DBs and PW...pretty simple really lol......its finally getting to be time tho things will only get worse for vbull ppls

Hello everyone,,
I am about to buy XF2. If I understand correctly, there is a built in database import/conversion feature that should be able to handle upgrading from vB 3.8.1. If that is the case, I am not sure about the steps involved.

My plan is to do a clean install of XF2 on a Snappy 8000 VPS plan from HostGator. It will have CentOS 6.10, PHP 7.1 and MySQL 5.6.3 installed.

Would I use the database backup feature in the vB upcoming movies netflix free trial free netflix Admin CP to export the tables to a file, upload that file to the new server, and then use it for the import to XF2? Or, is there some other method of exporting the data that I am supposed to use. Either way, are there any steps I should take to prepare the database for export?

Also, I have custom user profile fields created with the Profile Field Manager in the vB Admin CP. Will the import/conversion process grab these as well, or does it only bring in the default vB tables/fields made when you first install vB?
__

Thank you my issue has been solved,...

Top Bottom