1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got thread banned! Thread ban has expired alert

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Chris D, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Paul kindly tested out the thread banning system on me :) Thanks @Brogan (y)

Once the ban was lifted, I did not get an alert.

I think this would be a useful inclusion.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Welcome :D

Connor Smith and Chris D like this.
  3. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

I think is better without alert. In this way the banned user stay away from that thread some more time until he notice that the ban is lifted :D

Hoffi and Digital Doctor like this.
  4. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

I agree with both based on the scenario. Maybe a check box to tick off to notify when ban has expired.

Fufu and thedude like this.
  5. Karelke

Karelke Active Member

It might, as long as it's optional. Sometimes it's better to not inform an user.

HenrikHansen, thedude and whynot like this.
  6. petertdavis

petertdavis Well-Known Member

I agree, it should be optional. Overall I really like this feature though. :)

7. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I agree, Chris. A notification would be useful. We could have an option when banning from a thread that says "Send notification to user when ban expires?".

8. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    To inform someone that he's banned then remind him that the ban's been lifted?

9. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

It only makes sense to have a user dashboard full of countdown timers (in the user's local time zone!) of each thread ban the member has.

It might look cool, but encourage bad behavior

arms, pegasus and Fufu like this.
  10. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Which thread were you spamming @Chris D ? :p

11. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess in 50% of the cases the user might not even notice he was banned. Maybe the user dit not have plans to write more in the thread, maybe the user could not find the reply button and decided to spend time on something else. An automatic notice is not always a good idea.

whynot likes this.