I don't understand the 120 days in the XenForo licence agreement

Jean-Baptiste

Hello,

I don't understand this part of the license agreement.

The Software may be permanently transferred by the original purchaser to a third party ("Subsequent Licensee") not before 120 days following purchase, provided that the expiry date of the License falls after the date of the transfer. The original licensee may not retain a copy or installation of the Software. The Subsequent Licensee must agree to the terms of this Agreement and waive the right to transfer.

Could you explain it with other words ;)?

Regards.

You have to wait 120 days once you purchase your license before you are able to transfer/sell it.

You have to wait 120 days once you purchase your license before you are able to transfer/sell it.

Ok thanks, that's what I understood but I wasn't sure because of the second part. So I can transfer my license one day before it's over as a (stupid) example ?

@Brogan @Mike If I could ask for clarification? What's the reason for the 120 day wait time? Why can the license only be transferred once? And why only before the expiration date of the license? So if I had a license I could not transfer it after it expires? But the license is for life is it not?
Just curious :)

Last edited:
The license is for life to use it.
Ticket support for it is for one year.
Upgrades to the software are downloadable for one year.

Top Bottom