I Don't See This Anywhere In Xenforo

Ahmed Nawaz

I am exploring different Xenforo forum before buying I Notice Some Things That Should be in Xenforo
One is RSS Feed Of Whole Board I Saw RSS For Individuals Forums But Not For Whole Board
And I Don't Saw RSS Feed Option In Address bar of broser this this
Untitled.webp
& one other thing to say all modifications need template edit which is not a good approach because if someone changes style must change all templates...
Try To Make Mods Like VB...

There isn't an RSS feed for the whole board, just for individual forums.

Regarding your second point, can you clarify what you mean?
I don't know how vB mods work so can't comment on them.
I do however know that the XenForo mod/add-on and style system is extremely easy to work with and use.

& one other thing to say all modifications need template edit which is not a good approach because if someone changes style must change all templates...

It depends on the modification. Not all modifications require template edits. There is an addon system that uses code events which allows you to add functionality without editing existing files and templates. In serves a similar function as vB's plugin/hook system. Here are some technical demos:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/creating-a-simple-modification.3532/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/editing-templates-and-defining-a-callback-for-pages.7226/

There isn't an RSS feed for the whole board, just for individual forums.

Regarding your second point, can you clarify what you mean?
I don't know how vB mods work so can't comment on them.
I do however know that the XenForo mod/add-on and style system is extremely easy to work with and use.
I Think XenForo Must Add RSS For Whole Board..
Second Point I Was Saying When I Install Any Mod in Vb For Example ChatBox I Don't need to Edit Any Style Template When I Install A New Style It Also Work With it without any template modification.
But in XenForo If I Install For example 20 Mods & Every mod need template modification. I Will Do..
But Problems Comes When I install New Style & A Overhead come For Me To Edit All Templates That I Edit For Mods..
I Think I Have Explain 2nd Point...?

It depends on the modification. Not all modifications require template edits. There is an addon system that uses code events which allows you to add functionality without editing existing files and templates. In serves a similar function as vB's plugin/hook system. Here are some technical demos:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/creating-a-simple-modification.3532/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/editing-templates-and-defining-a-callback-for-pages.7226/
But Here & Every Where I Saw Mods Which Requires Template Edits..
Most of Mods Needs Template Edits..

I think the main reason for modifications requiring template edits was the lack of template hooks. The framework for creating and using template hooks was recently included in the Beta 3 release (see: release announcement); although the default style doesn't make use of it, yet.

Here's a thread where we can suggest hook locations that might be useful:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/template-hooks.7909/

All in due time, I say. :)

I Think XenForo Must Add RSS For Whole Board..
Second Point I Was Saying When I Install Any Mod in Vb For Example ChatBox I Don't need to Edit Any Style Template When I Install A New Style It Also Work With it without any template modification.
But in XenForo If I Install For example 20 Mods & Every mod need template modification. I Will Do..
But Problems Comes When I install New Style & A Overhead come For Me To Edit All Templates That I Edit For Mods..
I Think I Have Explain 2nd Point...?

If you make 1 style a parent style and then the rest a child, you will need to only change one style.
Also, like in vB, not all mods can be done completely with hooks, thus you may have to do some template editing for that, using a parent/child style system will make that easier on you.

But Here & Every Where I Saw Mods Which Requires Template Edits..
Most of Mods Needs Template Edits..

There are many template modifications posted here. There is a special forum for those kinds of modifications:

Then there is another forum for proper addons. Addons are managed very much like vB products. For example, look at the install instructions for the xenLetter addon. There are no template edits. You just upload the addon's files, import the XML, and use it.

In short, If you like vB's product system then you will like xenForo's addon system.

... one other thing to say all modifications need template edit which is not a good approach because if someone changes style must change all templates...

There are a few addons that do require template edits as template hook locations are currently not included, and developers are very eager to port their work over to XenForo. The template edits for proper addons should be fairly straight forward and simple. The framework for template hooks is in place in beta 3, and we are hoping to have them made available in the templates as soon as possible. :)

Top Bottom