I don't know what to do, the delay in insert image or link is killing me..

Learner

Hello guys and gals,

I am extremely sorry to state that the delay in the appearance of the dialogue box to insert the image link and the external link through the Insert edit link is killing my most wonderful experience of Xenforo so far..

the insert/edit image dialogue takes like so long to appear.. that all my staff has started complaining about that !!
I am afraid to see the future where the registrations are opened and the users start complaining about that time lag !!

Please help me, and just for information, the time taken for the dialogue box to appear on Xenforo forums where I am posting now is same as that of my site :(

Please guys...

It took longer than it does on my server ;)
but we are all coming from vBulletin so my staff has a reason to complain !!
will this be rectified in future releases..?
Takes this long on my site
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I thought it was a reasonable amount of time to load. How quick are you expecting it to load (I've never admin'd vb)? From click to load is less than a second.

The big difference is, the vBulletin editor launches similar pop ups in browser/OS pop ups. They are near instant.

XenForo seems to do it by sending a http request, and fetching a template for you to enter data into.

Why? Not sure. Am I bothered? Not really.

If that's the only thing that's worse than vBulletin, I can sleep easy.

Yes, although its not fugginf annoying but its irritating !! to say the least.
Yes, it's also slow on my site. It's extremely FUGGING ANNOYING.

I will gladly share the URL of my community.. I am waiting for the staff to finish the work assigned to them and also then I will be removing my htaccess restrictions..:D don't worry you all will be first to know.
Learner - what's your site URL? Maybe a few of us could try it out and report back on whether is it slow on your server in comparison to our own?

Have you considered using a different editor?

We allow people to use the MarkItUp editor on our forum, which is a paid add-on.

If you sign up my forum, you'll notice that if you switch to the plain text editor, you will get the different editor.

All of its functions are instant. Including inserting links and images. It's not WYSIWYG editor, and I kinda prefer the default editor, but it's there as an option,

I read about the Markitup editor earlier, although it is nice but most people won't like it much as its plain text, although it would be superb for mobiles etc.. coz these days mobiles are shunning flash as it is..
Have you considered using a different editor?

We allow people to use the MarkItUp editor on our forum, which is a paid add-on.

If you sign up my forum, you'll notice that if you switch to the plain text editor, you will get the different editor.

All of its functions are instant. Including inserting links and images. It's not WYSIWYG editor, and I kinda prefer the default editor, but it's there as an option,

Top Bottom