I did not see a way or Plugin to allow me to do a Single sign on between Xen & my standalone site

Club411

Is there a way to do this?

I have a shopping site and I want to use Xenforo for the community portion. I don't want to have my users to have to log into two different sites. Is there any easy way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Gotta love the tail-chasing potential customers are forced to do when they ask about integrating XenForo with an existing website. It's something XenForo should offer out-of-the-box.

Gotta love the tail-chasing potential customers are forced to do when they ask about integrating XenForo with an existing website. It's something XenForo should offer out-of-the-box.
Really (all these I've played with or am evaluating for a specific purpose)?
Wordpress?
Drupal?
Joomla
OCPortal?
X3 CMS?
Rubedo?
ModX?
Coppermine?
Custom coded?

You honestly think they should integrate with everything?
An API would be better served than integration that would have to be changed regularly.

Last edited:
You honestly think they should integrate with everything?
An API would be better served than integration that would have to be changed regularly.
No, I think XF should include a regularly maintained API rather than expecting customers to spend hundreds on custom development which will be broken every time XenForo has a major point release.

Even after about 8 hours of custom development by a friend of mine to get XenForo to accept external login/logout events, I still have to go through dozens of templates and rip out all references to Login/Logout/Register and all possible endpoints to reach these functions. Shouldn't that all be master switchable?

A XenForo forum is not an island -- it should be possible to integrate with other web services through an API and configuration steps without reinventing the wheel and digging through core files hoping you catch all the edge cases.

In 2016, banking on a forum-only website seems....foolish.

Last edited:
A XenForo forum is not an island -- it should be possible to integrate with other web services through an API and configuration steps without reinventing the wheel and digging through core files hoping you catch all the edge cases.
Edge case use will always require hoops to be jumped through - which it sounds like what you are doing.
With you removing all login/out events, it sounds like you are trying to force an outside user account and then integrate with XF... would not a bridge be a better option.

Edge case use will always require hoops to be jumped through - which it sounds like what you are doing.
No, I'm stumbling blind through the XenForo code trying to find all the endpoints for Login/Logout/Register through trial and error, which is completely absurd in 2016. All of that should be master switchable somewhere.
With you removing all login/out events, it sounds like you are trying to force an outside user account and then integrate with XF
Well, yes, like MANY websites, the forum comes after an existing popular successful website has already been built. Only XenForo and vBulletin continue this arrogance (sorry for such a strong word) that everything else should bend to them.
... would not a bridge be a better option.
It's the same issue. A blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't even there. XenForo should ship with an API and rudimentary ways to override the default behaviors of Login, Logout, Register, Edit User, etc. The alternative is, extremely expensive development that yields a fragile solution that is intolerant to XenForo software upgrades.

Top Bottom