MG 1.1 I am really confused my storage grew from converting snob xengallery to media gallery. Can I fix it?

Gregory Lynn

I am really confused I converted snob xengallery to media gallery and my storage increased from 3gb something to 4.5gb. What can I do to shrink the size of the storage back down to 3gb something?

Can’t necessarily say I’d expect that to happen. Sonnb gallery stores more versions of each image than XFMG does. We only store an original image and a thumbnail but sonnb gallery stores, iirc, original, large, medium and small though I believe it did have the option to switch off the original version. But even with that enabled, converting to XFMG will have just imported the large versions.

What is the process you took to ascertain the size difference?

Can’t necessarily say I’d expect that to happen. Sonnb gallery stores more versions of each image than XFMG does. We only store an original image and a thumbnail but sonnb gallery stores, iirc, original, large, medium and small though I believe it did have the option to switch off the original version. But even with that enabled, converting to XFMG will have just imported the large versions.

What is the process you took to ascertain the size difference?
Cpanel says it went from 3.something GB to 4.5GB and all I did was install Media Gallery. I guess it will be ok I was just hoping to keep the website as small as possible. Because I am going to be adding images every week.

Top Bottom