1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 I am having trouble installing XenForo

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by XeStorm, Nov 6, 2013.

1. XeStorm

XeStorm Member

I have purchased my domain. And I have web hosting, but when I followed the 2 installation guides I found it won't work. I have my upload folder uploaded under public_html/forums I put all the files from inside that folder in that directory. But when I go to www.mysite.com/forums nothing loads. I have also tried www.mysite.com/forums/install and nothing happens. Please help!

2. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

Do you have a folder called forums under the public_html or www directory? If not then you don't have to put the /forums part at the end. If you have the files in the public_html or www directory just go to http://www.mysite.com/install/

3. XeStorm

XeStorm Member

So all I have to do is put the "upload" folder under public_html and then www.mysite.com/install ? And will it make a difference on which one I put the files in? public_hrml or www directory ?

4. Ernest L. Defoe

Public_html and the www folders both actually point to the same place. You upload all the files and folders inside the upload folder to public_html or www. You don't upload the folder uploads. Then just go to www.mysite.com/install

5. XeStorm

XeStorm Member

I did what you said and I am getting this: http://gyazo.com/b0fbe5f81241a6a1d708d019850a42f4
    Is something wrong on my hosts side?

6. Ernest L. Defoe

7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Did you purchase your domain today? It can take up to 24 hours for the DNS to propagate so you can hit the server.

8. XeStorm

XeStorm Member

I purchased it 1-2 days ago