1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 I am having trouble installing XenForo

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by XeStorm, Nov 6, 2013.

1. XeStorm

XeStorm Member

I have purchased my domain. And I have web hosting, but when I followed the 2 installation guides I found it won't work. I have my upload folder uploaded under public_html/forums I put all the files from inside that folder in that directory. But when I go to www.mysite.com/forums nothing loads. I have also tried www.mysite.com/forums/install and nothing happens. Please help!

2. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

Do you have a folder called forums under the public_html or www directory? If not then you don't have to put the /forums part at the end. If you have the files in the public_html or www directory just go to http://www.mysite.com/install/

3. XeStorm

XeStorm Member

So all I have to do is put the "upload" folder under public_html and then www.mysite.com/install ? And will it make a difference on which one I put the files in? public_hrml or www directory ?

4. Ernest L. Defoe

Public_html and the www folders both actually point to the same place. You upload all the files and folders inside the upload folder to public_html or www. You don't upload the folder uploads. Then just go to www.mysite.com/install

5. XeStorm

XeStorm Member

I did what you said and I am getting this: http://gyazo.com/b0fbe5f81241a6a1d708d019850a42f4
    Is something wrong on my hosts side?

6. Ernest L. Defoe

7. Jeremy

Jeremy Well-Known Member

Did you purchase your domain today? It can take up to 24 hours for the DNS to propagate so you can hit the server.

8. XeStorm

XeStorm Member

I purchased it 1-2 days ago