1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyperlinks only from established members to avoid spammers?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by badlands, Jun 15, 2012.

1. badlands

badlands Member

Hi there,

I have quite a problem with Linkbuilders and SEO-motivated users that register, post some topics with links in it and leave. To solve the problem

• How can I set a minimum number of posts required (e.g. 10) for users and a condition that only when this number is met Hyperlinks can be set in their posts?
    • Advanced - can I also add a condition to that which requires 3 likes from other users before Hyperlinks will be possible?
    Thanks a bunch,
    best, Simon

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

What the spammers don't realise is that all hyperlinks they post contain the rel="nofollow" attribute so it has absolutely no benefit to SEO as even if you leave the URLs there - Google doesn't follow them.

How to achieve what you're asking, though, isn't a Style or Customization question. This would ideally need to be posted in the Add-On Requests forum.

3. badlands

badlands Member

Hi, I know that these links are nofollow-but the spammers keep spammin :) The only thing that would stop them is to see that posting links is impossible. You are right - its more an add-on (please feel free to move it to the add-on-section).