Huge increase of mobile and tablet traffic after migration from vBulletin to xenForo

Majora

Hello,
i just want to say thank you to the hole xenforo team. Just a week ago i have installed vBulletin with the mobile style, but google didn't like the style although it was a mobile friendly template...

After migration to xenforo my mobile traffic increase a lot. Thank you for the great software. Keep up the great work! :) All the best from Germany!

Here are my charts:

xenforo1.webp
xenforo.webp

I'm getting between 60 and 70% of all traffic now through a device, rather than desktop. Is this pretty much across the board or just my niche?

I'm getting between 60 and 70% of all traffic now through a device, rather than desktop. Is this pretty much across the board or just my niche?
According to Google Analytics, I'm getting 54% of traffic on phones and tablets (35% and 19% respectively) and 46% on desktop.

Reactions: Rob
It also depends on location and niche.
The US seems to have more Mobile traffic.

For the last month

desktop 63.71%
mobile 22.16%
tablet 14.13%

Belgium / Travel

My stats vary based on time of day. During the day it is typically 70% desktop (people logging on using their work PCs) and around 25% mobile phone (not many tablets during the day) - but come 5pm it changes to around 30% desktop, 40% tablet, 30% phone as people get home and pull out their tablet for doing stuff online.

Our demographic is mostly higher income adults - hence the "logging on from work" influence compared to some of my other sites which have a much younger demographic.

Either way, I'm surprised at the number of people who hang out in our IRC chat room using their phones or tablets!

Top Bottom