1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge increase of mobile and tablet traffic after migration from vBulletin to xenForo

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Majora, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Majora

Majora Member

Hello,
    i just want to say thank you to the hole xenforo team. Just a week ago i have installed vBulletin with the mobile style, but google didn't like the style although it was a mobile friendly template...

After migration to xenforo my mobile traffic increase a lot. Thank you for the great software. Keep up the great work! :) All the best from Germany!

Here are my charts:

xenforo1.png
    xenforo.png

adwade, Eagle, mcatze and 5 others like this.
  2. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I'm getting between 60 and 70% of all traffic now through a device, rather than desktop. Is this pretty much across the board or just my niche?

3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

According to Google Analytics, I'm getting 54% of traffic on phones and tablets (35% and 19% respectively) and 46% on desktop.

Rob likes this.
  4. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Yep. Over 50% of our traffic is also via mobile devices.

5. Solidus

Solidus Well-Known Member

Still 72% in favor of desktop for me.

6. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

It also depends on location and niche.
    The US seems to have more Mobile traffic.

For the last month

desktop 63.71%
    mobile 22.16%
    tablet 14.13%

Belgium / Travel

7. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Mine is almost 50%/50% :).

8. eva2000

eva2000 Well-Known Member

LOL my sites and forums are between <2% to <9% mobile + tablet traffic.. rest is desktop

9. Sim

Sim Well-Known Member

My stats vary based on time of day. During the day it is typically 70% desktop (people logging on using their work PCs) and around 25% mobile phone (not many tablets during the day) - but come 5pm it changes to around 30% desktop, 40% tablet, 30% phone as people get home and pull out their tablet for doing stuff online.

Our demographic is mostly higher income adults - hence the "logging on from work" influence compared to some of my other sites which have a much younger demographic.

Either way, I'm surprised at the number of people who hang out in our IRC chat room using their phones or tablets!

10. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Maybe you have a tech site :p