HTML Newsletter Generator - Keep Members Coming Back [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a site that was created in 2010 and has a much better email database. Open rate is much better as well as CTR.

aspiesnews.webp

Sounds interesting @BamaStangGuy - currently I use a template I purchased and own the license to (HTML based) and send it out monthly to my members. I get a good influx of members come back to the site when I send it out each month. With that being said, I have to add in my own "what's new" type stuff and I do a monthly "member of the month" simple few lines and a photo that I add into the newsletter as well. it's a bit time consuming. Two questions:

1. I currently use Mandrill to send my newsletter (over 7000+ members) - due to my shared hosting account not being able to send more then 500 emails an hour is an issue - does this add on have a feature to send X emails (newsletters) per hour?

2. Is there/ will there ever be an option to add an additional feature (perhaps an HTML block of sorts) to put my monthly featured member in.

Here is an example of my newsletter (online version.)

http://sphynxlair.com/community/Newsletter.html

Very nice! But I am worried about not unsubscribing or moving users to bounced state. Emails need to have a 'unsubscribe from all mail' function. And this needs to affect all xenforo email as well. Otherwise people will report email as spam, which is worrisome if you are sending out a lot of email.

Hard bounced mail addresses should not receive any xenforo email until the email is fixed.

Could you please address this?

Is there a way to only send out interesting threads? Not just latest random threads. In my experience its not useful to just spam them with the latest content. People will not be interested.
There needs to be some ways to filter out what content is sent. Views, likes, Featured, post ratings, etc.
Have you thought about personalizing this? If you let users select their favorite nodes in a profile field, then you can send popular threads from those nodes.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting @BamaStangGuy - currently I use a template I purchased and own the license to (HTML based) and send it out monthly to my members. I get a good influx of members come back to the site when I send it out each month. With that being said, I have to add in my own "what's new" type stuff and I do a monthly "member of the month" simple few lines and a photo that I add into the newsletter as well. it's a bit time consuming. Two questions:

1. I currently use Mandrill to send my newsletter (over 7000+ members) - due to my shared hosting account not being able to send more then 500 emails an hour is an issue - does this add on have a feature to send X emails (newsletters) per hour?

2. Is there/ will there ever be an option to add an additional feature (perhaps an HTML block of sorts) to put my monthly featured member in.

I don't see why you can't edit the HTML now...unless you just want it all integrated.

1) This can be used with Mandrill. It is HTML so you can use it with the XenForo mail feature.

2) You can edit the HTML how you see fit. It is all in one file.

Very nice! But I am worried about not unsubscribing or moving users to bounced state. Emails need to have a 'unsubscribe from all mail' function. And this needs to affect all xenforo email as well. Otherwise people will report email as spam, which is worrisome if you are sending out a lot of email.

Hard bounced mail addresses should not receive any xenforo email until the email is fixed.

Not likely. There is no way to auto unsubscribe from within xenForo. You import your email addresses into Sendy (or any service like it) and if they unsubscribe then they will not be sent any newsletters. Same for bounces.

Your XenForo transactional emails will need to handle bounces and unsubscribes separately.

Is there a way to only send out interesting threads? Not just latest random threads. In my experience its not useful to just spam them with the latest content. People will not be interested.
There needs to be some ways to filter out what content is sent. Views, likes, Featured, post ratings, etc.

Right now it sends out the most replied to threads. To me, if there are 200+ replies in a few days, that means it is likely interesting content. However, I can edit it where you can simply put the thread ids of threads you wish to show in there so you can pick the content.

Have you thought about personalizing this? If you let users select their favorite nodes in a profile field, then you can send popular threads from those nodes.

Good idea. This can be added.

If you use it with Sendy Integrate addon, you can manage all the process!
1. You can manage and check bounced/spam/unsubscribed direct on Sendy and this will be updated on your XF.
2. Yes, that's right. It will keep your list up to date automatically.

All working apart from.

No photos returned, empty boxes, but if you click on what looks like a broken link it takes you to the photo.
The graphics next to the Popular Showcase Items are missing too, but those particular links are broken.

newsletter.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom