HTML in posts?

Steven UK

Hi,

It is possible to post HTML in threads? I know it is possible in pages, but not in posts? Is there a plug in for this?

Also, what about scripts in posts? Paypal for example?

Thanks in advance.

This isn't possible unfortunately but there is an add-on which makes available a special BB Code which renders HTML.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/html-bbcode-permission-protected.731/

It works really well. I used an earlier version - but you know what - you learn to live without HTML quite quickly!

Scripts in posts? That's always a big no no. Does IPB allow this? Are you literally talking about posts accepting <script> code? Potentially a massive security hole there if it's exploited.

Not sure what script you're referring to with regards to PayPal. Donate buttons can be made with simple image and URLs:

Anything more advanced is possible using things like BB Code and Media Sites.

Scripts in posts? That's always a big no no. Does IPB allow this?

No IPB, does not either, they allow HTML though; although for the paypal buy now buttons, we created something using the BB code, and a bit of modifying.

The scripts, I was really thinking about like Aweber email capture scripts, etc. as well as paypal.

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah I should have added this parsehtml add on is permission based - still not recommended for your users.

You can do some really clever things with bbcode so just let me know if there's anything specific.

Heu, I have +200 news :S

1bjA2.jpg

In addition it is not sure that the bbcode works on xenportal (look screen) :S

You would need to speak to DarkImmortal if it doesn't work on XenPorta.

Remember I just said it's permissions based. You should check that the permissions are all setup ok first.

200 is nothing.

I had about 10,000 HTML posts that I needed to convert to BB Code.

I used this add-on, by Kier.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/post-content-find-replace.6548/

You will need some knowledge/research of regular expressions though, and you need to be very careful not to incorrectly replace things or miss things.

I'd say if it's only 200, it's probably not going to take that long to do it by hand by adding the Parsehtml tags if you can get help to get it to work on XenPorta. Obviously with 10,000 posts like I had, that wouldn't have been possible by hand.

Top Bottom