Lack of interest HTML in "Custom Title"

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

arco

As I can see, you can use html for user group titles, but not when setting a custom title for an individual user. I can understand not giving users the possibility to use html, but it should be possible for an admin to do so. Like you can do in vB. And maybe extend this further into the permission system so you can give members of certain user groups the possibility to use html.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would never give my users the ability to set a custom title with HTML, however I see it as perfectly viable on the admin end. I've used this in the past to bold staff user-titles, so I can certainly see this as a nice feature.

Bumping. I too would like this, don't want to create a new thread though as this is the first result in Google on the subject.

Admin's are the only ones allowed to set the custom title with HTML.
Currently? I have tried it a couple different ways with no success. As I understand it the parse HTML extension is no longer working correctly with the newest versions of Xenforo, correct me if I'm wrong though.

Currently? I have tried it a couple different ways with no success. As I understand it the parse HTML extension is no longer working correctly with the newest versions of Xenforo, correct me if I'm wrong though.
No not currently, it's what I would like to see. An admin only ability to set a HTML custom title on a user, not just a group.

Assuming you mean the user entered custom title field, are you aware of the significant security hole that would leave, allowing members to run HTML (and iframes etc)? It would also allow them to insert huge images, that could really screw up the Avatar area in the threads.

Top Bottom